Just horrific. Logically 10700K and KF should have identical CPU performance, so KF (if it's as widely available as K), should be the ideal competitor to 3800X.

3900x. The 10700K and 10900K suffer from the fact that games don’t require more than a 6-core, 12-thread processor in 2020 and we doubt that’s going to change anytime soon. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The Far Cry series has always favored Intel CPUs and we like to include it as this is a worst case scenario for AMD.

All this, plus a Wraith Prism cooler, at a very reasonable launch price of $499 USD. Also don't listen to "gaming intel, anything else AMD" simplification. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. definitely not shit. Zen3 will, of course, be a big change, but that is in three months, and some people just don't want to wait for a limited launch of 12c and 16c products (even if the new cores will probably be stunningly good). PC Build questions whether to choose AMD APU or AMD CPU, Intel Core i3 vs. If you don't mind the increased cost of the 10700k ($425) + ITX Z490 mobo ($250+) vs 3700x ($275) + b450/b550 ITX mobo ($200+), you can get a few more frames vs the 3700x. You didn't mention what GPU you have or will get but if you're deciding between these CPUs, I can imagine you are looking at something around a 2080. There are a couple scenarios however where the Intel chip may provide a noticeable uptick in performance: This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Another route is that you could also prepare for the Nvidia 3000 series and the Intel Rocket Lake or AMD 4000 series that's just around the corner. It's total BS.

The 10700K’s $400 USD price tag puts it in a similar price band to AMD’s 12-core hyperthreaded Ryzen 9 3900X, however, the 10700K’s faster cores combined with its lower memory latency, yield a 12% effective speed advantage over the 3900X. The performance margins seen in Premiere Pro are very similar to those of DaVinci Resolve. Moving to 1440p we find that the 10700K is no faster than the 3900X, 3950X and 10900K, all delivering virtually identical performance.

For most gaming scenarios, even a 10600k is faster at stock than the fastest OC tuned Zen2 XT. That's a reasonable advantage for gaming. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Oh jeez didn't even think of that, now I'm going to have to look into the timeline of the 4900x and see, I was so excited to get my tax check because that was going to determine when and now all of this, lol. it does perform an average of ~8-20fps higher in most current titles (per basically all benchmarks available on youtube) than the 3900x at stock settings, not to mention the 10700k being able to achieve much higher single core speeds (better fps in most games) with its higher overclocking potential. Very glad I did; I feel like I dodged a bad build decision. Alt-tab & watch videos, browse etc. Planning on building a computer but need some advice? The 1% low performance was 19% better than what we see with the 3rd-gen Ryzen processors, despite the more marginal difference in average frame rates.

Purely gaming? It should do well gaming wise and will be a good chip for multi-tasking (plus it's CHEAP). When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. The 10600K when tuned and overclocked is at least another 10% ahead. Moving on to power consumption, what we see here are total system consumption numbers. I'm seeing new things everyday. The 10700K averaged 103 fps which saw it match the 10900K, along with the 9900K, 9700K and 8700K. We're not you, so we can't really tell you which is the better option. I think 3700x is the much better value than 3800xt if you are not planning to go higher than 8 cores atm. Only way 3800XT makes any sense is if you are committed to tuning it for high clocks and high memory speeds, and a 10700k might still pull out on top if used strictly for gaming. Get the Ryzen. intel i7-10700K vs. Ryzen 9 3900X | Test in 8 Games - YouTube Since this is my first non-ATX build I'm trying to carefully consider my options. Earlier this week we reviewed Intel’s new Core i9-10900K and found that it was a strong performer, but it fell short of impressing in a world dominated by AMD's Ryzen lineup. I just want to get the best for my purposes and within reason. Just as an example, i work with matlab and some medical imaging related algorithms. Honestly I can't recommend Intel as is to anyone. The 10700K simply can't match the value of the competing Ryzen parts in productivity applications. L3 cache goes unchanged with both models sporting a 16 MB capacity. The same way I went for a RX 5700 XT instead of a RTX Well, even though the 10700k might be a shade faster, the 3800XT gives you the option to upgrade in a few months when Ryzen 3 comes out. What say you great people of r/sffpc?

/r/buildapc is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly. They both will look silly, there will be no reason to buy them unless intel goes massive price cut route. It should do well gaming wise and will be a good chip for multi-tasking (plus it's CHEAP). with both chips being similar cost, it really does just come down to your use case (and potentially budget, seeing as z490 boards are $$$). The Core i7-10700K is either on par with the 3700X for a massive 40% price premium or much slower than the 3900X for about the same price. Anyone is welcome to seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop.

Consider chips like the 3700X or 10600K for mostly equivalent gaming performance to their more expensive options you're considering, especially if you're considering a 1440p or 4K monitor.

Zen 3 is probably going to tilt AMD further and the 7+ nm node is going to improve density by 20% and power consumption reduction of about 10%. The 10700k is a rebranded 9900k. We’re only talking about a 5% increase in 1% low performance though. An expected result but in the grand scheme of things, not a particularly good result for Intel. Thank you. With x264 on “fast solely on cpu ( even rescaling from 1440p is running only on the cpu) , this while im gaming on fixed 141fps on 1440p competitively fps game and grab … 3900x is really for professionals or streamers. "Pure gaming" is Intel marketing propaganda. If that's the case, you're probably also running at 1440p, which is where CPU bottlenecks fall away for GPU bottlenecks. Both the 3700X and 9700k are 8-core CPU’s. Given a set budget of 1800 euros, for a pure gaming build I think it makes more sense to downgrade anyways and put the extra money towards the GPU. Until NVIDIA releases the new Ampere 3000 series, and AMD releases Big Navi (supposedly around September or October if rumours are true), the 2080 Ti is the most powerful consumer GPU. So again performance is as expected, but when it comes to serious productivity work Intel appears outgunned by the competing Ryzen processors. I think that would/should be the goal regardless of your platform. Still this is a strong gaming result for Intel and it’s great to see 9900K-like performance at a more affordable price. Not only against CML but Vs Rocketlake as well. And if you want both the gaming and the productivity performance, Ryzen can cover both fronts quite convincingly. In general the 3900X seems to be faster in the majority of non-gaming tasks but that's not universally true. 10700k is basically gonna be the same as a 9900k. It was also a few frames faster than Ryzen 9 and 7 processors. Like 10900k or 3900x? For the gamer sitting in his or her chair in front of their computer, these FPS results are so marginal that they are not noticeable to the eye, and they have absolutely no effect on the game play experience. The 9700K is also very close in the average, but the 1% low performance was not up to par. When looking at single core performance we see that while the 10700K is very strong, it’s not exceptional, basically matching the 9900K, 3700X and 3900X. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Change Ad Consent Advertise. Press J to jump to the feed. Code compilation performance sees the 10700K just edge ahead of the 9900K, making it slightly slower than the 3700X and a whopping 33% slower than the 3900X. On this page, you'll find out which processor has better performance in benchmarks, games and other useful information. Practically speaking, this has zero effect on the end user of the product -- the gamer. do you want to game at the highest fps possible for your rig? If you play at 1440p, and I like to think this is the minimum resolution people rocking an RTX 2080 Ti would target, then the difference between the 10700K and the 3900X, for example, is basically indistinguishable. The 10700K was also slower than the 9900K in Blender’s Open Data benchmark, though we’re talking a few seconds here, so performance was basically identical. Get on tech sites (Anandtech, Tomshardware, etc), and try to find some benchmarks for the software that you'll use, and which one provides better performance overall, or better performance for the money. I know the 10700k provides slightly better fps performance but I'm worried that, given the form factor we're dealing with, the slightly higher fps will come at the cost of significantly greater heat production. I just evaluated how the implementations i've been using run on my home machine and turns out most of them run almost entirely single threaded. If you're going to use NEVNC, then the 10900K will give you more FPS. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Here the 10700K matched the 9900K and 10900K to deliver the best and most consistent gaming experience of the CPUs tested. If you're gonna take advantage of those cores, then get 3900x, Thank you, when comparing those 2 I wish to go with the 3900x so I guess that answers my question, If you want to use a 480mm rad to cool the 10700k sure, Didn't realize the heat was going to be that bad on it thank you. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you. There are a lot of tasks in e.g.

Leaked 10700 (non K) performance numbers place it at the same performance level as 3700X, so 3900X will be faster, especially at multi-threaded loads. The margins were reduced at 1440p and now we see basically no difference in performance between the majority of the CPUs tested.

Comet Lake is highly overclockable and tunable. Essentially what we have here is a Core i9-9900K at a 25% discount, as Intel has set the MSRP at $375. If you're looking for the best gaming experience in that price range I would look at GPU and Monitor first then build around that. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider the 10700K was just a few frames off the pace of the 10900K and about 6% faster than the 3900X.

Not really sure if I agree with you there. Nahhh.

The 10700K matched the 3900X at 230 watts and that means in terms of performance per watt Intel is at a significant disadvantage, but that’s certainly not news to anyone at this point. So just do 9900k vs 3900x. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The 10600K is obviously more affordable at just $280.

That still saw it come in 9% slower than the 3900X, but that’s not a huge difference, despite not being a great result. We'll be revisiting this thread in the near future. So if you want to go Intel for gaming, spending $100 or $200 more on those Core i7 and Core i9 parts won’t make sense. 10900k might not be significantly better except for the larger L3, though the bin will be better.

Yung Bratz Roblox Id, Why I Want To Go On A Mission Trip Essay, Where Are Burris Scopes Made, Elsa Van Helsing, Champion Inverter Generator, Manifest Saison 3 Date De Sortie, Rock Bouncer Chassis For Sale, Dnc Votebuilder Tutorial, Leeya Eliana Shapiro Brother, Kusarigama Nioh 2, What Does It Mean To Bless An Object, Laura Ramsay Billie Eilish, Offerings For Aphrodite, Kronosaurus Vs Mosasaurus, Radio Paradise Mellow Mix Playlist, Names Like Sophie, Captain Rex Death, Venture Bros Height, Omad Keto Results, Tncm Charts 2020, Dc Legends Skin Change, Monica Padman Husband, Sarah Gore Maiani, Top Mma Fighters, Kla Aventura Tuition, Nginx Regex Cheat Sheet, Doge Miner 2 Hacked, Roxberry Menu Nutrition, Sarah Sherman Taylor Instagram, Michael Patrick Carter, Programming In Python 3 With Zylabs, Calcul Van Perpétuité, Kate Richardson Phil Anselmo, What Did Asuma Whisper To Shikamaru, Zendaya Siblings Adopted, Border Collie Lethargic, Celtic Park Atmosphere Quotes, Casas En Venta En San Miguel, How To Prime A Boulder Pod, Choclo Corn Seeds, Skyrim Build Your Own Noble House Xbox One,