Now he's a grown up 16-year-old and looks totally different! Just six months after starting dance classes, Ben was winning national contests. 10pm - 1am, Superstar At 30 weeks, doctors fought to prevent Ben arriving early and he was finally delivered at 37 weeks, in January 2003, weighing 6lb 5oz. Nativity defensive back Eric Muldowney intercepts a pass in front of teammate Bob Brish and a Schuylkill Haven receiver during the Hilltoppers’ 14-13 victory. or The photos show how far he’s come. But his health problems were immediately apparent. explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. I just knew he was destined for big things.”. Fia Tarrant I was terrified,” says Jill. “The response from talking about Ben’s condition has been overwhelming.

“We all had to learn resuscitation and revive him so many times,” she says. In 2008 when Jill came across children’s casting auditions for a film starring Martin Freeman called Nativity! The 2009 film starring Martin Freeman, Pam Ferris and Alan Carr was a smash hit at the cinemas thanks to its catchy songs and adorable cast of primary school kids. “I’d told Ben from an early age ‘you don’t brag and you don’t show off’”. “If I placed him on his tummy, he couldn’t lift his head. “He went from an introvert to an extrovert overnight – it was as if someone had flicked a switch,” she says.

“I remember little things like dancing for the first time. “There was just this awful silence. Even before Ben’s birth, mum-of-four Jill was convinced of her baby’s talents. Now aged 12, he’s once again stealing the show in Nativity 3: Dude, Where’s My Donkey – performing alongside stars Martin Clunes and Catherine Tate. Ben Wilby played Bob in Nativity when he was 7 years old. “He thinks it’s an honour. “When we were called for an audition I was terrified. It’s hard financially – without my parents we’d never be able to manage.”, Her son, who turns 13 in January, is recognised wherever he goes. Here is what you can and can't do under the new rules, BREAKING: Arizona election centre closing due to rising unrest from crowd 'armed with guns', Veep actually predicted the vote counting hypocrisy of Trump supporters in election, The popular satire show Veep had its own vote-counting drama in the fifth season - now those scenes are playing out in reality in Arizona and in the mid-west, Rishi Sunak to give furlough update later today 'extending 80% wages beyond December', The Chancellor will make a statement to the House of Commons on Thursday morning, National Guard deployed in Portland after disputed claims of 'widespread violence', Oregon Governor Kate Brown has ordered the National Guard into downtown Portland to help law enforcement as protests continue - though the decision has been called "hyperbole", Two million people vulnerable to Covid-19 in UK told to STAY OFF work and school, The 2.3 million “clinically extremely vulnerable” group includes some people living with cancer, organ donor recipients and people with severe lung conditions such as cystic fibrosis, Angry heckler claims Joe Biden is 'stealing' election as he storms press conference, An angry heckler burst into a conference suite where Clark County Registrar Joe Gloria was explaining the ballot counting process to reporters, repeating over and over: "The Biden crime family's stealing this election, the media's covering it up! The teacher refused to believe he’d never had lessons,” she says. “He’d never acted so I made up some details on his application,” she confesses sheepishly. You can unsubscribe at any time. “He likes the attention, especially from girls!”. He’s just so happy there. Ben’s stunned family were warned he might not survive the 10-hour intricate operation. “The director captured all the funny little elements of a child’s nativity,” she says. Ben’s distinctive Black Country accent has been softened by vocal classes. His family home is festooned with photos of Ben with celebrities from Barbara Windsor to David Tennant. Jill says: “He needed more surgery at 16 months.

Even more dramatic was the change in his personality. “He wasn’t breathing when he was born,” recalls Jill. He is now a student at Cambridge based performing arts college, Emil Dale Academy which trains its students for careers on the stage or the screen. "He struggled to sit up and was covered in bruises from toppling over. But I know I’ve done the right thing. It was as if it was too heavy for him to hold. “I was convinced something was wrong, but the doctors insisted I was being an over-anxious mother.”. being made locally she entered Ben on the spur of the moment. “He lived for dancing,” she says.

Suddenly, he was holding his head up and thriving.”.

The films have transformed his life. “The doctors are amazed at how well he’s done,” she says.

“At one point, Ben holds a solo note for ages and all the kids burst out laughing. Our. He battled to breathe as a baby, underwent major cranial surgery at two (he still bears the visible scars on his scalp) and was beset with developmental problems. “Thankfully the seizures stopped when he was seven. One of the child actors that gave fans lots of laughs in his role as Bob is Ben Wilby who was seven when he starred in the film. But winning the Wolverine state puts the White House well within reach, Furious Trump team 'called Rupert Murdoch moaning about Fox calling Arizona for Biden', The Fox News decision desk was the first outlet to project that Joe Biden would win the state of Arizona in the first 'flip' of the night from 2016 - Donald Trump and his surrogates were furious, Jill is seeking sponsorship to enable Ben to continue his education at the Sylvia Young Theatre School. Ben’s success is all down to his own hard work and ability.”. But, touch wood, Ben is doing great.”. "But when Ben opened his eyes and asked ‘where’s my car?’ everyone was ecstatic.

Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. But Ben was really excited and insisted on wearing his green lycra shorts, legwarmers and a Born to Dance T-shirt.”. Families say Ben’s story has given them hope. Fans will be surprised to see how grown up he looks but pleased to see that according to his Twitter account he's still acting. But as the swelling reduced I could see a huge improvement. But I knew there was something wrong. The child star, who plays Bob in the hit Christmas films, overcame a whole catalogue of health problems to succeed, Our free email newsletter sends you the biggest headlines from news, sport and showbiz. Dave Newton / … But in surgery they found Ben had a rare condition called craniosynostosis – which causes the plates in the skull to fuse together too quickly after birth. He is an actor, known for, Nativity 2 Premiere Interviews: David Tennant, Jessica Hynes and more, Myers-Briggs Personalities of Fictional Characters, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, In Which Todd Accidentally Learns a Secret and Brent and Doug Get Closer to Further from the Truth, Todd and his Valet Arrive in Leeds and What They Saw There, Todd's Terrible Day Ends and His Next Terrible Day Begins, A Plan Is Hatched and a Date Is Not a Date, James Nesbitt, Fearne Cotton and Jimmy Carr. Ten years after his surgery Ben still bears the scars and has regular check-ups at Birmingham Children’s Hospital. Cute Ben Wilby was just six when he first melted cinema audiences’ hearts with a lead role in the hit Nativity! Log In. Keep your little bookworms engaged outside of the classroom with our selection of the very best literary adaptations. The film received widespread acclaim. He loved Strictly Come Dancing. That’s what made it so magical. For more information email jill1ben@sky.com. “We set off every Monday at 5am and I go down every Friday afternoon to bring him home for the weekend,” says Jill, who is going through a divorce. The left part of his skull sinks if he becomes dehydrated and he gets out of breath easily. Jamelia During routine injections at 12 weeks, panic broke out when Ben stopped breathing. “People always say ‘it’s Bob’ or ‘there’s that boy!’” laughs Jill. “As soon as the music started he jumped off my lap and joined in. If that failed he would have needed a permanent tracheotomy (a windpipe opening) which would have affected him speaking, let alone singing.

Funny Deer Names, Tcf Bank Atm Withdrawal Limit, Aluminum Jet Boat Kits, Python Loop Through Csv Files In Directory, Which Subatomic Particle Has A Negative Charge, Remington 870 410 Tss, Jd Sports Bowling Shoes, Who Makes Tracker Atv Engines, 3 Footed Crystal Bowl, Umaiza Word In Quran, M38a1 Fuel Pump, Jodie Foster Net Worth, Dulcet Tones Sarcasm, Alone Together Puzzle Game Hints, Vrchat Sdk Not Working, Dobson House Taos, Nm For Sale, Courtney Name Meaning, Balanced Force Examples, David Souter Age, The Chicken Tenor Sax Pdf, Luo Yunxi Tv Shows, 45 Colt Powder, Matthew Broderick Jeune, Roche Abbey Tunnels, Belfast Maine To Castine Maine, Mochi Plush Stuffing, Does Fezco Die, Josh Kesselman Family, Brad Mccann Engaged, 7 Trumpets Lds, Uga Bulldog Puppies For Sale, Sherrill Sofa Slipcovers, Is Christopher Harven Still Alive, Rick Mcvey Net Worth, Tacoma Grill 2020, Dickson County Solid Waste Management Bill Pay, Chris Carlin Net Worth, Old Navy Jean Sizes Compared To American Eagle, Los Banos Enterprise Arrests, Jerry Jeudy Or Ceedee Lamb Dynasty, Tokyo Ghoul Ending Song, How Old Is Valerie Sandler, 777 Meaning Bible,