Itil is more central for forming Tartaria and starts out better developed. Since you can benefit from capital boost and marshall/steward bonuses in you main county that is all that matters longterm. Press J to jump to the feed. In the other kindoms of your de jure empire, only dukes should exist. Then there's Baghdad and Jibal in the Middle-East that are 6 counties and have silk road running through them, also starting with high tech. Coastal duchies provide ships to your personal levies. Siciliy and Sardinia. Consequently, large inland (or mostly-inland) duchies such as Baghdad are not included in this post. Sjaelland) are too small - and for those you get the second duchy to fill :), And even if Flanders might technically be the 'best' those viking raids will make you reconsider the advantage of coastal holdings :). Can you achieve fame and fortune for your noble family, or will your names be forgotten to history? In 1066 you have a claim on France and since the King of France is child with not that good stats and traits, you can easily start a faction to press your claim. For altaic cultures who want to keep the cavalry-focused levies they get from steppe provinces, you can't go wrong with Itil or Crimea. They don't give any tax or troops. What are the best duchies to hold in England? Chera Nadu and Konkana in India are another great duo. Only catch is you start out within the HRE blob. So you max out your desmense by owning all the holdings in your duchy? I would say flanders and normandy, or brittanty would be the best two duchies to hold together, since they are all right next to eachother. I think you are wrong with Finland there. I'm not 100% sure how the demense size cap works but I don't think it would be possible to completely control both Flanders and Sicily, right? So e.g. Crimea and Cherson are a great duo. I would rank the stats diplo > intrigue > military > steward > learning. Good ruler too, in 1066. Hereford, Bedford, Lancaster, Somerset and York can handle up to 15 holdings, but Hereford and Lancaster already start with 12 at the 1066 start unlike the others. Only the really small duchies (e.g. Continue this thread level 2 Can't believe I haven't seen this before. Outside your de jure empire, have kingdoms, all of them preferably owned by members of your dynasty. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Don't hold any duchies. With demesne limit technology maxed out as an emperor, you can expect a demesne limit of about 10 most of the time. I just usurped the crown of England and am piecing the kingdom back together after a long civil war. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the CrusaderKings community. So I'd say Hereford and Lancaster, though the other ones manage 15 holdings in only 3 counties each, while Lancaster and Hereford are 4 counties. More if Steward is collecting taxes and marshall training troops. Since I'm currently gifting duchies, what are the best to hold personally? Do you even own the city holdings? Sardinia is definitely my favorite as it has to be conquered by ships. Furthermore, merchant republics with trade posts on those coastal counties give a boost to your income as well. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Duchies should help anyone else trying to investigate. +50%. ), lots of open slots, and is coastal. Byzantine empire; ideally you want control of two duchies; thrace and nikea. Can you achieve fame and fortune for your noble family, or will your names be forgotten to history? Also, this kingdom should not exist. It depends on the DLC I suppose. Flanders and Thrace were my two duchies for my Norse world conquest. But you can become independent, even the AI can. Since you can hold two duchy titles without a negative opinion modifier, what would be the best two duchy pair in the game? The two duchies make up the entire Kingdom of Taurica. Just own the stupid barony and save your vassal limit. Barons inside your county are completely useless IMHO. Provence becomes a contender. For an 867 start with both Old Gods and Sons of Abraham DLC, I like to start as either Ostlandet or the Rustamid Ibadi ruler in Algeria. Finland has been removed from the list. (I also held Venice as a bonus county.) Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Handy reference to answer just these questions: http://ckiiwiki.com/Duchies. I keep seeing these suggestions to pick two duchies and claim all the counties in it. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America). They even suggest which duchies to choose as they are the "best" on the map. In games where you get big, a diplo education has so many advantages that stewardship really becomes a secondary stat. Your goal is to hold every country in your two duchies while staying within your demesne limit. The three counties for that made me think it wouldn't be the best duchy to hold at least capital wise. In fact, no duchies should exist in the kingdom where you reside, only counts. I know Thrace is good, being a three-county duchy containing great land; is there another Thrace somewhere? Flanders - 6 Counties/30 Total Holdings/25 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 7 Holdings, Sicily - 6 Counties/28 Total Holdings/28 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Sanaa - 6 Counties/27 Total Holdings/27 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Oman - 6 Counties/25 Total Holdings/25 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Brittany - 6 Counties/25 Total Holdings/25 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 5 Holdings, Chera Nadu - 5 Counties/24 Total Holdings/24 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Tunis - 6 Counties/29 Total Holdings/20 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Holstein - 4 Counties/22 Total Holdings/22 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Crimea - 5 Counties/22 Total Holdings/22 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Normandy - 5 Counties/23 Total Holdings/19 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 5 Holdings, Medina - 5 Counties/22 Total Holdings/19 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Barcelona - 6 Counties/26 Total Holdings/18 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Marrakech - 6 Counties/25 Total Holdings/18 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 7 Holdings, Cherson - 4 Counties/18 Total Holdings/18 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 5 Holdings, Nikaea - 4 Counties/21 Total Holdings/16 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Uppland - 4 Counties/17 Total Holdings/17 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Konkana - 3 Counties/17 Total Holdings/17 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Thrace - 3 Counties/16 Total Holdings/16 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 7 Holdings, Cilicia - 5 Counties/20 Total Holdings/16 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 4 Holdings, Holland - 4 Counties/17 Total Holdings/17 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 5 Holdings, Skane - 4 Counties/16 Total Holdings/16 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 6 Holdings, Tripolitania - 4 Counties/16 Total Holdings/16 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 5 Holdings, Mecklenburg - 4 Counties/16 Total Holdings/16 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 5 Holdings, Vestlandet - 4 Counties/16 Total Holdings/16 Coastal Holdings/Best County Contains 4 Holdings. You can likely hold a top-tier duchy and a lower-tier duchy from this list. One way I try to optimize is to have max castle holdings in the capital county and max cities everywhere else. You would have to prepare your rulers and spouses for high stewardship to increase your demesne limit. However, in my view, this is the perfect set up: Set your centralization laws to the point where you can own all the counties and all the baronies in the your personal duchy. There's positives/negatives with both though. © Valve Corporation. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Both duchies have been added to the Copper Tier as they each have 16 coastal duchies. Björn is a good leader, but his heir is utter ♥♥♥♥, but he only need to conquer like one or two provinces to found Sweden and then vassalize everyone around. It is just perfectionism at this point. Why should I do this? You are correct about the two duchy limit. Say I'm going low-centralization and want as many holdings under me as possible. IWith Old Gods, I'd agree with wavesofmatilation, but I'd add that Svitjod is also a damn good starting duchy. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I also forgot to add Skane and Tripolitania to the list last night (was drinking a bit of wine). Crimea has the advantages of being coastal. Rest of Britain, Spain, Rome before Crusades start and you can have the whole map Iceland to Sri Lanka... 1066, any Rurikovich grand prince or whatever they're called. In my opinion when you reach the emperor stage the desmense fades in importance. level 1 … Not max size duchies and not massively powerful at start but they are 100% coastal counties. Excellent position, lots of ships, trade post potential, many ways to expand. Thanks for posting. Holding Flanders and Sicily would be difficult, but not unreasonable. I would say flanders and normandy, or brittanty would be the best two duchies to hold together, since they are all right next to eachother. Then destroy this duchy. First, credit must be given to I_FUCK_UP_RECIPES for his fantastic post concerning this same subject over a year and a half ago. Thrace is a decent duchy but controls constantinople, so you get the religion head and a super developed province out of it with a unique walls building, and nikea is the best duchy in the empire-it is also right next to thrace, so it's really a great situation. This ranking list focuses strictly on coastal duchies as they are superior given their ability to raise ships, build port buildings for extra income, and can have trade posts built in them by merchant republics for extra income. Their kingdoms should not exist. Burgundy is not bad for a start. This list is about maximizing the full potential of your demesne. Sanaa and Oman look like a decent contiguous pairing. I was curious which single Duchy you guys thought was the strongest starting out and why. You can have very successful games with a desmense limit of 6. Sicily. Number of counties/holdings (capital duchy bonus), Contains county with high number of holdings to select as a capital (capital county bonus), Number of coastal counties/holdings (ships, ports, trade posts).

Where Is Clarence Carter Now, Jazz Guitar Tabs Pdf, Xlr Male To Male, What Google Font Looks Like A Typewriter, Quality By Design: A Clinical Microsystems Approach 2nd Edition, Digitech Whammy Won't Turn On, Powerapps First Filter, Little Big Muff Pi, Dana Glowacka Where Is She From, Lights Bts Meaning, Staind Outside Guitar, What Is Portrait Mode Video, Locksmiths Near Me For Cars, Cabinet Carcass Material, Cognitive Learning Example, Dheena Movie Actress Divya, Hamilton Elementary School Principal, Bike Hd Wallpapers 1920x1080, 13th Century Years, Samsung Smart Tv Connected To Wifi But No Internet, Powerpoint Eyedropper Shortcut,