Wordnik is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, EIN #47-2198092.

The album Gangsta's Paradise was released in 1995 and with the megahit was certified 2X Platinum by the RIAA.

When will this generation learn to watch a movie not because of what it is but rather how good its going to be? Privacy policy

We're always trying to find interesting facts about words. I went shopping yesterday and got new shoes, and they are so coolio! Least favourite word. Ro, Cookies help us deliver our services. ○   Wildcard, crossword | Reply dude that is so coolio! Originally used to define indentured labourers from Asia (e.g Chinese railway workers in the U.S. & Canada, or East Indian sugarcane workers in Guyana). He is best known for the song "Gangsta's Paradise", and the theme song for Kenan & Kel a Nickelodeon show from 1996 to 2000. It Takes a Thief eventually peaked at #8 on the Billboard Hot 200, becoming certified Platinum. He stated that the misspelling was intentional. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. [9] He came in second place, losing to Lou Diamond Phillips.

He did have a minor hit in the UK in 2006, however, in "Gangsta Walk" (featuring Snoop Dogg) which peaked at #67 on the UK pop chart. It was the #1 single of 1995 for all genres, and was a truly global hit, as it reached #1 in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Australia, and New Zealand. [10][11][12], The Grammy Awards are awarded annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States.

Three years later in 1994, Coolio signed to Tommy Boy Records and released his debut solo album, It Takes a Thief. [7], Coolio is a spokesperson for the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. June 29, 2020 June 29, 2020 Coolest Words Leave a comment. Learn the definition of coolio. coolio on Oct 4, 2008, Must Watch: Insanely Violent Punisher: War Zone Extended Trailer! BrunsonITL commented on the word coolio. The web service Alexandria is granted from Memodata for the Ebay search. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) Deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources. Like, dude, thanks for the 411 on the WaPo hit, used it on, like, a front page post — like, you know, coolio. June 16, 2020 June 16, 2020 Coolest Words Leave a comment. In 1996, Coolio had another top 40 hit with the song "It's All the Way Live (Now)" from the soundtrack to the movie Eddie. Help us improve our definitions, add your own or improve one of these for the word coolio as a adjective. Tips: browse the semantic fields (see From ideas to words) in two languages to learn more. See if you can get into the grid Hall of Fame ! The album also contained two other major hits in "1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New)" and "Too Hot" with J.T. 2. Boggle gives you 3 minutes to find as many words (3 letters or more) as you can in a grid of 16 letters. See cold, chill, Hawaiian ʿio. WC was the group's lead rapper, but Coolio was another rapper in the group. Submit a Word; Quirky. Although it did contain the major hit "C U When U Get There", the album was considered a disappointment and failed to reach the success of his previous two albums.  |  I can stomach lots of 'IM-speak' and slang that my friends use, but for some reason whenever I hear this word something hurts inside. 2. Artis Leon Ivey Jr. (born August 1, 1963), better known by the stage name Coolio, is an American Grammy Award winning musician, rapper, actor, and record producer.

Taylor of Kool & the Gang doing the chorus. Coolio has received one award from two nominations. As runnerup, he was awarded $10,000 for his charity. The components of rap include "content" (what is being said), "flow" (rhythm , rhyme), and "delivery" (cadence , tone). Learn to win at any game with our many tools and word lists.

Lola 506 Go Kart For Sale, Runt Puppy Names, Kyle Kemper Net Worth, Cute Goodnight Puns, Power Set Of Aleph Null, Marit Larsen Baby, Chinese Artist Signature Identification, Uncle Kracker Trump, Weaver T36 Xr, Chevrolet Captiva Automatic Gearbox Problems, Princess Kida Wig, Ap Mccoy Family, Assassin's Creed Rogue Controls Pc, I Need A Philanthropist To Help Me, Best Dog Food For Yorkies With No Teeth, Mayor Of Hellam Pa, Is Cobalt Blue Glass Toxic, Sharp Fonts Copy And Paste, Cigarettes Similar To Silk Cut Purple, Ben Bishop Wife, Tamlyn Tomita Filipino, 16yrold Drum Kit, Is Christopher Harven Still Alive, Can Aleks Detect Cheating Reddit, Tornado Instagram Captions, Tumultuous Relationship Definition,