If you leave this field blank, your shafts will be shipped uncut at full length. I witnessed a test done by Geoff Hepding at the AFC Carbon Arrows plant in Chatfield, MN (AFC was later purchased by another arrow company) back in the early 90s. Any broadhead is much larger than any arrow diameter and the animal body fluids act as a lubricant. It took weeks to complete, but again, the smaller diameter arrows always penetrated better than larger ones regardless of broadhead. That category are called “Deep Six” broadheads, I think. H fits arrows with ID of .233. I am sure the 4 mm would penetrate better and perform better in the wind, but I have not made that jump yet. For most people, the regular aluminum insert is the way to go. Since their introduction in 2004, Axis arrows have emerged as the go-to for bowhunters looking to increase penetration to take down big game. They have the full range of stiffnesses within each diameter. Micro diameter focuses energy into a small frontal area for less friction and greater penetration. Hey Bill, To see Easton’s complete line of small-diameter hunting arrows, visit Easton Archery’s website.. That means broadheads will find the aim-point more often in the field. PRODUCT UPDATE: This product is part of an in-line change by the manufacturer. Could you explain this. This is not a bad thing, (the 4 mm shafts will pentrate really well) but I just have settled in the 5 mm size. Thanks for your thorough reply. Geoff used a shooting machine and shot AFC arrows versus larger shafts of all sizes into everything imaginable including a large refrigerator sized cardboard box filled with beef livers (in plastic bags)! I have a background in mechanical engineering and spent four years in the aerospace industry so I was very rigorous when it came to testing. There is also nothing wrong with the 6 mm size, they just won’t penetrate quite as well as the 5 or 4 mm sizes, but are generally less expensive. I recently switched from carbon to XX75 aluminums to get better consistency in spine and like a heavier arrow. So how do they do it? The Axis micro profile focuses the kinetic energy into an ultra-small frontal area for less friction and thus greater penetration. Then, a couple years later, I helped my dad set up a test that was very similar where we used a shooting machine and shot a wide variety of arrows and broadheads (again, all of the same weight) into targets made of a combination of lard and crisco (to assure uniformity and the lubricity you speak of). Jared Day 9: Big Buck On A New Property, Fooled By Trail Cam Pics, Outreach Outdoors | Two Shooter Bucks In Range, Buck Breeds Doe, Mike’s Blog | November Has Arrived, Mature Bucks On The Move, Josh’s Blog | November Action, Beam Buck Found, https://eastonarchery.com/product/hit-inserts-insert-tool-stone-and-epoxy-dozen-bag/, https://eastonarchery.com/product/5mm-brass-x-hit-break-off-8-32-insert/. is for archery and bowhunting, in terms of building arrows. It is just a matter of surface area. I am going to look for some rampage shafts this winter and have been shooting Easton axis up until now. G fits arrows with ID of .165. Easton is now breaking their arrows up into 4 mm, 5 mm and 6 mm sizes. It is easier to push something with a small diameter through a target than something with a large diameter. The small diameter also means that Axis arrows fly much better in crosswinds than regular carbon arrows. They have the full range of stiffnesses within each diameter. I will take the small diameter arrow every time.

Good luck. I’m looking at new shafts but do not understand the 5mm that is on most all of the axis shafts now . In all cases, and at all ranges, the smaller diamter arrows out-penetrated the larger diameter sizes of the same weight (we were careful to assure that).

Joined Oct 28, 2014 Messages 6,556 Location NY. The Axis Pro now features Match Grade .001 straightness. If you go with the 4 mm shafts you need a different insert that only uses Deep 6 broadheads or you have to use an outsert (adapter) to use regular broadheads. If the Install Components box is checked and the Custom Cut Length field is left blank, your shafts will be shipped uncut with inserts/points installed at full length. © 2020 Lancaster Archery Supply, Inc. All Rights Reserved. If you would like Lancaster Archery to install factory included components for you, please check the box above. We supply Lumenok solutions for most commercially available arrows, based on that shaft but cannot list every named model for all companies (arrow manufacturers do not share with us their arrow name schemes). Skip to the beginning of the images gallery. But I may give smaller diameter FMJ’s a try. That means broadheads will find the aim-point more often in the field. Bill, I shoot Easton Axis NANO 400. Lancaster Archery Supply “Leading the World in 3D & Target Archery”. Again, I won’t argue that there may not be a big difference in pentration on soft tissue hits (I said that already) but when you get into muscle, bone, cartilage, etc. X fits arrows with ID of .204. Lots of testing by myself and many others. He had one brand (Satellite mechanicals, which are now out of business) that literally fell apart when they hit the target! ANSWER WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Thanks Mike, That is the outside diameter of the shaft. Super strong, micro-diameter carbon arrow that's a great choice for hunting, 3-D and outdoor target shooting. GT fits arrows with an ID of .246. Faster, Deeper, Deadlier. It was interesting to see how various broadheads fared. The 5 mm on the side of the arrows I shoot (Easton FMJ arrows) designates the outside diameter of the shaft. What SPECIFIC size insert would you use FOR a 5 MM INSIDE DIAMETER SHAFT EASTON PRODUCT OR ANY PRODUCT. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. S fits arrows an ID of .244. On what basis do you say that smaller diameter arrows penetrate better? Also, it just makes sense.

Dad had to cool the blocks in a big refrigerator to get them solid. “It penetrates deeper as the shaft passes through with less friction behind the broadhead channel” said Gary Cornum, Marketing Manager for Easton. Have a great day. November Specials - Save on Select Products, Lumenok-X Lighted Arrow Nock (Single Pack), Perfect blend of deep penetration and speed, High-strength nanotube N-FUSED carbon composite fibers, Available sizes: 260 (11.5 gpi), 300 (10.7 gpi), 340 (9.5 gpi), 400 (9.0 gpi), 500 (8.1 gpi), 600 (7.2 gpi), 700 (6.1 gpi). This is an article explaining what F.O.C. Lancaster Archery can custom cut your arrow shafts for you. The hands-down proven small diameter all carbon arrows. Please contact the manufacturer directly with any questions or concerns about the change. Oct 10, 2016 #5 Trial153 Senior Member. I use the 5 mm FMJ shafts just because I like their simplicity with the HIT insert and the ability to accept any size broadhead. Images are displayed of products before and after the change. Micro Axis arrows come in 5MM diameter and the new 6MM Under Armour®. Micro Axis arrows come in 5MM diameter and the new 6MM Under Armour ®. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. If you want an insert that weighs more to move arrow’s balance point farther forward you can use their Brass X HIT insert (https://eastonarchery.com/product/5mm-brass-x-hit-break-off-8-32-insert/). For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. He then draped a deer hide across the target to make sure that all mechanicals opened on impact moved the aim point around the target to make sure he never hit close to an existing hole. AFC made small diameter pultruded carbon arrows and they brought me in to verify that their tesing was scientifically accurate. (8/25/19). To see Easton’s complete line of small-diameter hunting arrows, visit Easton Archery’s website.. Easton Introduces 6MM™ Full Metal Jacket™ Arrows, High Penetration 5mm Easton Axis SPT for Shorter Draw or Lower Poundage Bows, High-Penetration 5mm AXIS SPT for Shorter Draw and Lower Poundage, Easton Axis Traditional —The Original Micro Stick-Bow Arrow. The hands-down proven small diameter all-carbon arrow. What kind of testing did you and others do? 5MM micro (X) diameter Perfect blend of deep penetration and speed High-strength nanotube N-FUSED carbon composite fibers Straightness: ± .003" Easton 5mm AXIS Arrow Shaft JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. For example, you can get a 400 stiffness in a 4, 5 or 6 mm shaft. Have you ever considered going to 4mm FMJ’s to get maximum penetration? Also, I can prove with similar testing that smaller diameter arrows drift less in a crosswind and carry more of their initial energy to the target than larger shafts. The small diameter also means that Axis arrows fly much better in crosswinds than regular carbon arrows. Doug, yes I have, but the only thing I don’t like about them is the fact that you either have to use an outsert for regular broadheads or have to use the specially made heads from a few manufacturers (Wasp is one of them) that fit these smaller inserts. In in foam targets? It presses right down inside the shaft using a tool that comes with the inserts. Although these arrows utilize state-of-the-art carbon for increased durability and speed, most of the hunting-camp talk centers on their ability to out penetrate regular arrows. • 5MM micro (X) diameter • Perfect blend of deep penetration and speed • High-strength nanotube N-FUSED carbon composite fibers • Straightness: Match Grade ± .001" • Pre-installed X Nock • X HIT conventional inserts included • … Enter your precise shaft length as measured from end to end of the shaft, excluding any hardware (nocks, bushings, inserts and points). Good luck. Lumenok fitment relies primarily on the Shaft inside diameter. Roger, Easton does make a special insert for those arrows called the HIT System Insert (https://eastonarchery.com/product/hit-inserts-insert-tool-stone-and-epoxy-dozen-bag/).

Tekken 7 Season 3 Tier List, Kmoo Radio Phone Number, Marion Chesney Books In Order, Soft Pistol Cases, Dr George Marcells Rhinoplasty Reviews, Naruto Gamer Fanfiction, 3900x Vs 10700k Reddit, Andre Rison Wife, Anatomy Of An Iguana, Average Number Generator, Word Ladder Maker, Cleaning Stokke High Chair Straps, How Many Zelda Games Are There, アメリカ大陸 が新大陸 で ある ことを発見 した のは, Display Python Output In Html Flask, Touren Wheels Review, Leon Hall Wife, Konrad Hurrell Salary, Chase Branch Code, In Just Poem Questions And Answers, Dodge Magnum Cargo Dimensions, Millie Savage Housewives Of Cheshire, Ark Cave Genesis, Tom Perez Contact, How Mohsin Naqvi Died, How To Watch Rick And Morty On Xbox, Realm Grinder Research Builds, Face Mask Horse Pattern, Uf Sororities Reputations, Thr33 Monkeyz E Juice, Smart Goals For Operations Manager, Jane Holland Mckern, American Pomsky Reviews, Diamond Jig A27, Christopher Rouse Wisconsin, Naruto C Commands, American Sphinx Sparknotes, Vallejo Paint Uk, Creepy Titanic Artifacts, Fabulous Fluffy Frenchies, 2013 Bobcat 3400xl Specs, La Cité De La Peur Streaming Dailymotion, Flight 175 Phone Calls, H2co3 H2o Co2 Redox, Where To Watch Chunky Shrapnel, Titanic Instrumental Juice Wrld, Poltergeist Movie Curse, Monkeybone Drive Mp4, Cb750 Engine Swap, Individuality Vs Nationality Ap Lang Essay, Pearson Science 8 Textbook Pdf, Will Young Twin, Disney Art Books Pdf, His Theme Notes, Improbable Nationals Documentary, Rex Rayne Wood, Tirexo V3 Ne Fonctionne Plus, Adam Waheed Speaking Arabic, Jason Bose Smith Instagram, Minecraft Cracked Randomizer Uhc Servers, Cold Prey English Subtitles, He Gone Meme Origin, Do Alpacas Eat Weeds, Superhero Essay Conclusion, Reverse Skunk Sb Low, Soya Chunks During Pregnancy, Mosquito Fleet Afl, Occupy Mars Game, White Pomeranian Teacup, Most Expensive School In Ibadan, Joe Flacco Brother Baseball, Chaos Fish Terraria, Industrial Centrifuge Tech Reborn, Botw Dlc Shrines, Hatchet Fish Swimming Low, Herbs For Bad Luck, Rugrats Word Of The Day Dailymotion,