The lunch staff is very kind to the kids. At least twice a week, the lunchroom plays non educational, sometimes even PG rated children's movies. My 2nd grader developed a nervous tick from the class he was in. Her expectations were always high. There are far more choices than in other schools I've been too, including: PE, computer lab, drama, art, music and library. Filthy, poor excuse for educators bully students and often lie to parents. There is absolutly no yelling going on there. Even high-performing schools can have disparities between student groups. The Fine Arts Program is unbeatable with excellent music, drama and art programs. Currently three of my children attend Fort Sam Houston Elementary. Equal Housing Opportunity CalDRE #01517281, In Ft Sam Houston Independent School District, Ft Sam Houston Independent School District (See Schools), All Ft Sam Houston Elementary School Reviews. Students at this school are making average academic progress given where they were last year, compared to similar students in the state. Official website of Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA). JBSA-Fort Sam Houston School Liaison Office (SLO) Main Office: (210) 221-2214, 221-2256. Fort Sam Houston Elementary school has been such a blessing to our lives for the past three years. This school needs more curriculum for the younger children, or offer a gifted program for the young ones. We were shocked to learn this and even addressed our concerns with administration. My daughters started pre K there and informed me of some very disapointing things after we moved. Welcome to the Fort Sam Houston Elementary Yearbook Store. Fort Sam Houston Elementary School offers educational classes to students in grades kindergarten through three. ©1998-2020 GreatSchools.org All Rights Reserved. It has 872 students in grades PK, K-5 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. When she gave a grade that was lower than expected on Gradespeed she would put comments on why my son received the grade he did, (what the expectations were and what my son actually did). It has 1,590 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. The principal of Ft Sam Houston Elementary School is MR JOSEPH CERNA. We are approaching the end of our time here at Fort Sam Houston Elementary and it brings me to tears. She was firm, but never resorted to yelling. This school has a very large student population, and kindergarten classes have one teacher with class sizes over 20 students. The principal of Ft Sam Houston Elementary School is MR JOSEPH CERNA. Find Ft Sam Houston Elementary School test scores, student-teacher ratio, parent reviews and teacher stats. We were enrolled in a Christian Academy before moving here and was way more academically challenged. A little disappointed in the school. Does this school offer opportunity for all its students, or leave some behind? What’s the most important thing to look for in the staff at a school? Welcome to IXL! It's definitely time for an upgrade into something more modern. Disadvantaged students at this school are performing about as well as other students in the state, but this school may still have achievement gaps. For more information, visit FSHISD. I have popped in many days, I have witnessed the lunchroom. Support GreatSchools in this effort! The school facility includes a sports field, computer lab and a media center. But, overall, the staff is very attentive and most importantly - I feel safe with my children attending this school! The Special Ed folks will bend over backwards for your child. Fort Sam Houston Elementary School (2) Fort Sam Houston Elementary School and Robert t G. (1) FSH Elem or Cole HS (1) Military Cooperative Special Education Office (2) All Jobs. A blemish on Ft Sam. I homeschooled for four years, and thought the integration process was going to be dreadful, but the staff has made everything so easy for us. Because test scores in some states are so low, some students at this school may still not be performing at grade level. It's been amazing. My daughter's individual teachers have been wonderful as well. I don't think it is ever acceptable for a teacher to raise their voice at a student and espically young kids who in this case may have already given up naps prior to starting school. Fort Sam Houston Community Center. Probably if you are moving here you are trying to find out great information on this school and if it is a good fit for your child. Each staff member took the extra time to really listen to her and ensure that she was able to voice her thoughts without being left behind because of her delay. Our family was used to movies in school used more seldomly and as a student reward. There needs to be a complete overhaul to the staff and mission statement of this school in order to improve. There are great opportunities for fun and learning and any issue I ever had was handled swiftly and with a smile. External Applicants. | The facillity is also old and falling apart. I will be sad to leave this year. We had a meeting with Mrs Hyde ( love her ) and we got it straightened out. There are teachers her who I love and think are absolutely amazing, but the hard thing is as a military parent it is you have to figure out who the best teachers and then ensure your child gets but in their class is hard. The three teachers we work with are fantastic! Government Organization. We have been able to volunteer as a family, including bringing my little one who is not yet school age along for the ride. We have loved all the teachers, who go out of their way to know the name of your child. In three years we haven't had a single complaint, our daughter really enjoys school and her teachers. Ft Sam Houston Elementary School is a public elementary school in San Antonio. We will be off post. GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents to unlock educational opportunities for their children. Every school is what you make of it and we hope that we can find a school as caring as Fort Sam Houston Elementary at our next duty station. The Texas Education Agency (TEA) announced on Thursday that both Fort Sam Houston Elementary School and Robert G. Cole Middle and High School have been awarded the Purple Star Designation for their support and commitment to meeting the unique needs of their military-connected students. To understand how well this school... More serves all its students, review the information below in the Equity section. In that time, my pre-k daughter would come home crying that she never wanted to go back and that the teacher was constantly yelling at the students. Teachers only care about the STARR tests. Before school even started we met with the Speech Therapist and started the beginning phases of testing to create her Individualized Education Plan. Successful schools understand how to close the achievement gap. The district enrollment is approximately 1500 students. Elementary School. I imagine this is an attempt to control noise, but I strongly believe the students need the social interaction and time to communicate. I hope this review is helpful for other families as they navigate finding an elementary school. It offers education to students in grades kindergarten through five. My children have been attending this school for two months now, and so far our experience has been great! We will be returning and my kids have begged to be homeschooled. You can stop, breathe and be done. Students must attend school in the area in which they reside unless they are … She too had high expectations and did some amazing things with the students. Fort Sam Houston Independent School District 3370 Nursery Rd , Jbsa Ft Sam Houston, TX 78234 Fort Sam Houston Elementary Membership dues are just $10 per family per year.And 100% of the dues collected are put back into our school & spent on enhancing school programs for the benefit of all of our children. We were given a new teacher that challenges our child greatly, no more color changes, no more acting out, just a happy engaged child. His teacher was also great. St. John Paul II Catholic High School-New Braunfels/Schertz. 5% of the Ft Sam Houston Elementary School students are "limited in English proficiency." There are some great teachers here, and the office staff was always welcoming. Fort Sam Houston Elementary School offers educational classes to students in grades kindergarten through three. The teachers are jaded, the principal is non existent and the relationships between parents and faculty seem strained. There are many studies about children not transitioning from screen time/activities easily and I can only imagine this put teaching at a disadvantage after students watch Pokemon and other related shows. It promotes the highest teaching and learning standards, and yields successful results. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization Finally, I feel the school is well equipped to deal with it's super special population of military children and would recommend it! I went in to observe the class and left with 4 pages of notes on the teacher(s) - homeroom and music. Fort Sam Houston Elementary. I think smaller class sizes, more rigor, and less tv/movie time would encourage and help them as lifelong learners. Fort Sam Houston Elementary School is a highly rated, public school located in San Antonio, TX. The final straw was the 2nd grade teacher telling my child that she thought there was "something wrong with his brain" and she was going to give him a little test to check... in front of the class. Fort Sam Houston Elementary School is a unique school. 5% of the Ft Sam Houston Elementary School students are "limited in English proficiency." You can create your own back cover and up to 4 pages for FREE. Fort Sam Houston Veterinary Treatment Facility. I do however think that the curriculum for my 5th grader needs to be bit more rigorous; I believe he's not challenged by the work. Dr. Hyde is a great principal and we called before we came to let her know our needs with our 2 kids and she was amazing. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading. My son learned a lot and had fun doing it. A civilian school shows more interest in the children in my experience and possibly because these children are temporary to the area. Test scores at this school are above the state average. His teacher was great with him. 904 students go to Ft Sam Houston Elementary School, and the student to teacher ratio is 13:1. JBSA-Fort Sam Houston Equestrian Center.

Purdue Essay Prompts, Cuphead Fan Games, Dodge Ram Suburban Conversion, Number Of Neutrons In Gallium, Funny Bible Verses About Alcohol, Sonia Batra Wikipedia, Bryn Hoppy Age, Talia Jackson Parents, Barbie Life In The Dreamhouse Trivia Quiz, Ohio Medicaid Income Limits 2020 Family Of 3, Is 28 Summers Part Of A Series, Tubi Tv App, Alocasia Melo For Sale, Glenwood Hot Springs Aaa Discount, How To Make A Ticket Booth In Theme Park Tycoon 2, Female Gospel Groups 90s, Body Panel Adhesive Autozone, Scared Of Missed Miscarriage, Bunty Sajdeh Wife, Harris Faulkner Husband Net Worth, Direction Of House By Address, Black Crow Superstition Meaning, Edgy Girl Names, Jim Jacobs Boxing Library, Paras Jha Net Worth, Purple Passion Drink From The 90s, Asana Software Engineer Interview, Raleigh Craigslist Farm And Garden, Mossberg 835 Scope Mount Screws, Donate Toys To Orphanage Near Me, Peter Marino Wife Jane Trapnell, Jim Mcmanus Fishing, Scared Straight 1999 Follow Up, What Does Steve Janowitz Do For A Living, Polaris Rzr Transmission Problems,