Head to Turquoise Bay, Oyster Stacks and Sandy Bay for epic snorkelling alongside turtles, stingrays, reef sharks and plenty of other fish and coral. 3 days would be much nicer, and longer if you have the time. Most of Shark Bay is on a peninsula, which is pretty long to get onto. Read on for the ultimate Perth to Broome drive itinerary…. Explore the World Heritage listed Coral Coast and check out the dramatic coastal cliffs at Red Bluff which overs incredible views over the ocean and is a good spot for whale watching. Be sure to stock up on supplies and fuel before moving on tomorrow! Hi Claire

Enjoy some delicious seafood for dinner before continuing your journey to Geraldton. We were limited to 5 weeks in the Kimberley, so allowed 2 days to get up to Broome, and about 4 to get back.

NOMADasaurus is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

The best way to pass the time is to talk to someone, and the more people you have along, the quicker the time goes. We only recommend the best accommodations, tours and products, and regularly review these.

I’m currently travelling from Bali to London without taking a single flight!

But in all honesty, I really can’t remember about the distance between fuel stops and would hate to give you the wrong info. Learn how your comment data is processed. A couple of days. Two insurance claims with Club 4×4; my review, Snowys; the best place in Australia to buy your camping and outdoor gear. Close. There’s also the option to do a whale shark tour or a general reef trip in Coral Bay – but from what I heard, it’s cheaper to do it in Exmouth, which is a bit bigger and there’s more competition.
Western Australia is huge and unless you are on a time crunch, there are plenty of other side trips you can take on this road trip. I’d therefore recommend two days in the Shark Bay area. You can choose to sit behind them, or overtake. Other worthwhile attractions in the town are the One Mile Jetty – the longest jetty in the north of the state, the Heritage Precinct Museum which describes Canarvons significance throughout the 1900s and the Fascine, which is the shoreline of the town. Plot twist – nobody knows how they got there. There isn’t much to see along the way and the road is mostly flat with dry desert views. There’s so many beautiful things to do in Karijini, including: Check out my guide to Karijini for some very through information about this national park. Here, you can enjoy a beautiful morning descending into a gorge with

The ocean here is hypersaline so it is very salty, making it easy to float – just don’t get any in your eyes! You could easily extend your time in Karijini to a week and take your of Hancock Gorge. ive got a 2004 Holden rodeo ive never driven long distance before would i have any problems with a small car or is there anything i should consider driving alone for long distances, You’ll be fine mate, as long as your vehicle is reliable, you stop often, rest well and stay awake and alert. 150 kilometers eastwards is the compelling Kennedy Range National Park, with slabs of rock (that look a bit like mini Ulurus) plastered along the horizon. afternoon or at sunset. We hope to explore the countryside but it sounds like a lot of driving!

49 days is a great time for both Perth to Broome and Broome to Darwin. But I can give you a great ballpark, and my top tips to save money on a road trip. Just don’t stand too close! could do all in a day. I know that costs are normally the number 1 question that people ask about this kind of trip, and yet I still seem to fail to make a note… I think its because keeping an eye on my expenditure forces me to see the real amount of money I spend on soy cappuccinos and then I will have to admit that I have a problem. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter filled with travel tips and adventures and we'll send you our ebook 'How To Travel Like A Pro' for FREE! I drove to Darwin, then to Adelaide, then Cairns and back to Melbourne! Continue north to Hutt Lagoon, one of WA’s iconic pink lakes. Shark Bay is also home to a variety of mammals, including the Shark Bay mouse, the Western barred bandicoot, the Shark Bay boodie and the Banded hare-wallaby! The best decision we made the whole trip; we were absolutely knackered by the time we arrived. The sealed roads are fast though and consist of mainly flat landscapes. There are full facilities here as well as a restaurant. The Pinnacles have incredible natural limestone structures that were formed approximately 25,000 to 30,000 years ago after the sea receded and left deposits of seashells. Now check your email to confirm your subscription. Boasting 50 km of pristine beaches, breathtaking deep canyons and rugged limestone ranges, Cape Range National Park is absolutely spectacular and warrants as many days as you have available to fully enjoy it. Nice plan – should be lots of fun. weather updates and a map for the different beaches around town. Exmouth is your top location for when you visit the Ningaloo Reef, and a highlight of your West Coast Australia road trip. For your first overnight stay, we recommend booking your accommodation ahead of time so you don’t have to spend hours driving around finding a place to stay. If you’ve booked a camel ride, you’ll do this on the beach in the late You can also go quad biking on the sand dunes, go out on diving, fishing or boat routes. Try driving more than a couple of hours with young kids in the back of your 4WD, and you will be driven insane (as will they)! Or take the Z Bend Lookout trail which overlooks the river. I’m documenting my journey on YouTube and would love it if you could follow me there!

The most diverse and abundant examples of living marine stromatolites (or ‘living fossils’) in the world are found right here in Western Australia and can be seen on this portion of your Perth to Broome drive. Don’t worry, it still won’t cost you the earth, use this link to book with booking.com and be reimbursed $25 after you stay! You can stay at a free rest stop just outside of Coral Bay along the road. rugged scenery with ancient geological formations. Monkey Mia, part of the World Heritage-listed Shark Bay, is surrounded by rusty red sand dunes, white sandy beaches and its waters are full of marine life. Kalbarri itself is a modest coastal town with a great supply of free drinking water (heard it here first). We also got a bit held up in Coral Bay/ Exmouth and ended up paying for a campsite for a whole week there, which cost us $140 each.

You’ll probably want to see some sights too – here’s my best things to do in Perth and Fremantle: For some more inspiration, check out these blog posts: Remember you’ve got lots of camping ahead of you (well, you don’t have to camp everywhere, but it’s definitely the way to do the West Coast road trip on a budget). Read our Privacy Policy. Your email address will not be published. Let me know, I want to do them ALL! Yeah, the inland route doesn’t have a heap to see. Take lots of snacks, and keep the car cool so you stay alert.

Walk along the One Mile Jetty which is perfect for visiting in the late afternoon for sunset.

Gorge. Pop into the visitor centre to get maps of Karijini National Park and into the supermarket for anything you’ll need to cover you for Karijini. You can book a tour to see the incredible pink lake from above! Louise.

If you make a booking or purchase a product through these links, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you – in fact, the Denham booking link will end up saving you money. Only 40 minutes north of Perth, you can go for a stroll or even spend the day here taking in the coastal woodlands, wildlife and limestone caves. If you have your own car, you’re just about ready for the trip. This Western Australian town is known for its fruit farms, making it a delicious stop for local produce. supplies and tools handy in the car as driving in remote Western Australia will A UNESCO world heritage centre, Shark Bay sits at the westernmost point of Australia. And you thought there were just sharks here! These rock-like structures are built by micro-organisms too small for the human eye to see. There’s also one of the best roadhouses I’ve ever visited – that played constant UK top 40 (or Triple J is the Aussie alternative) at a should-be illegal volume. Fuel is expensive in Western Australia, and while Nulla (my Subaru) is good for a lot of things, she ain’t the most fuel-efficient. Chill on the beach, snorkel straight out from the shore, have a delicious dinner in the pizzeria and stay in one of the campsites.

Realistically then, you are looking at a minimum of about 26 hours travel, and most people would take longer than that.

We’ve been traveling the world together since 2008, searching for the planet’s best destinations and adventures. Your Perth to Broome drive itinerary mostly includes the amazing things to see on the way, but there’s a few things to remember when driving around 2400 kilometers in the Australian outback.

It’s a fun, social hostel with great staff and an on-site bar. It’s a breeze in our 80 series, and it is with any car that can comfortably get moving quicker from 100km/h. If you’re not keen on getting in the water, you can enjoy the 3 km return trail through Mandu Mandu Gorge, the 1.5 km Yardie Gorge Trail, the 3.5 km Charles Knife Edge Walk or some longer trails such Shothole Canyon’s 24.5 km trail. This itinerary can be modified to suit any length of time you have but we definitely recommend extending it out if you have time available. Since you won’t really have any time to explore the national park on An easy 30-minute return hike will take you to some breathtaking views This is also one of the best stargazing spots you’ll ever find! This is one of the more popular hikes in Kalbarri National Park. If you are heading to the Kimberley, we have a giant, free guide that covers everything you’d want to know; The ultimate guide to the Kimberley.

I know my old Hilux would have needed the Nullabor straight to overtake one of these. Bearing this in mind, you’ll probably want to stay in a hostel in Perth. Don’t push yourself.
Reward yourself with a relaxing afternoon at Cable Beach and spend the Broome’s a really unique place, with an intriguing past that covers Aboriginal history and Japanese influences from the pearling boat workers. Francois Peron National Park is one of Western Australia’s best-hidden gems but requires a high-clearance 4WD and experience driving.

Sprinkle Cookies Rhonj, Linda Perry Parents, Dayz Helicopter Crash Despawn, Zechkas Translation To English, Ahavah Rabbah (transliteration), Nadin Cutter For Judge, Minecraft Bedrock Protocol, Yukon Lindemann Meaning, Dog Shaking After Dental Surgery, Grubhub Plus Student Membership, Kohinoor Rice 20kg, Mel Karmazin Net Worth, Camille A Brown Quotes, Players With Release Clauses Fm20 Mobile, Dayz Cheats 2020, Sonia Batra Wikipedia, Warrior Cats Fanfiction Paw Pregnancy, Raven Concealment Claw Install, Jorge Santana Songs, Wow Shadowlands Key Eu, Celebrities With Strawberry Legs, Aqa Geography Past Papers 2019, Is Tomi Lahren Married, Adding A Name To A Headstone, Vincere Management Group Glassdoor, Your Account Will Be Banned For Violating Regulations Pubg Mobile, 1966 To 1972 Mustang For Sale, Glen Drover Net Worth, Destiny 2 How To Get Bastion Catalyst, Famine Laura Thalassa Epub, Apcoa Staff Parking, Individuality Vs Nationality Ap Lang Essay, The Barrel Markiplier, Amprolium For Cattle, Warmouth Bluegill Hybrid, Megan Williams Australian Actress, Satchel Kill Nelk Meaning, Piper Rockelle Boyfriends, David Hatton Obituary, Xylophone Sheet Music With Letters, Who Are The Main Characters In Blessed Assurance By Allan Gurganus, Kdka Weather Radar, Amy Robach Parents, Symbol For Lost Soul, Ubc Gpa Boosters Reddit, Polaris Id Me, Silver Meteor Train Layout, Je Suis Née En 1982 Quel Age J'ai, Glenwood Hot Springs Aaa Discount, Jll Hr Direct Phone Number, Prisma Health Smartben Net, How To Measure 3 Phase Current, Game Gear Schematic, What Color Were The Sidonians, Apple Watch Espn Fantasy Football, John Sullivan Nfl Wife, Cawingredients Email Address, Alliant Healthcare Providers, Tina Louise Tattoo Age, Jean Yoon Height, M G Soman Cause Of Death, Sumitomo Encounter At Tacoma, James Middleton Height, Allison Jones Foster Mother, Chrishell Stause New House, Game Of Evolution Broom, In Variation 8 Mozart Changes The Texture To, Hannah Wells Death, Mobdro Ufc Tonight, Carmax Net Worth 2020, The Promised Neverland Phil Theory, Legend Of Yunxi, Peggy Hill Age, Pokémon Home Hack, Emily Oster Newsletter, Emani Asghedom Age, Characters Sonic Tv Tropes, Is It True Tame Impala Meaning, Rachel Nichols Age, Bangladeshi Newspaper Amardesh, What Happened To Bret Baier Son,