} In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. This is how you can breathe deeply and sleep peacefully in an anxiety-ridden society. } Then He got killed, which really looks like a ministry fail! It's the weight of my sin pushing me down from the high and lofty places where my pride would rather keep me.”, “And when everything in life is working . Static.COOKIE_BANNER_CAPABLE = true; Submit your email below and we’ll send the Book Club Kit PDF to your inbox! We come that way, but somewhere between toddlerhood and being a grown-up we learn to wipe off our forehead signs. Our God is real. Anything. #thebook p { | Design by Go Live HQ. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; we drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; we drift toward superstition and call it faith. Preview — Get Out of Your Headby Jennie Allen. Sit up straight. Get Out of Your Head Quotes Showing 1-27 of 27. A sincere faith in Jesus and all He wants to do around us wakes us up, rattles our lives, shifts every perspective, issues hope in pain, and ignites purpose.”, “Comparison is often why our important roles shrink to seem so insignificant. She is the author of several books and Bible studies, including Restless, Anything, and Nothing to Prove. color: #000000; In terms of fulfilling our mission in this life, we can’t do anything worthwhile alone.”, We’d love your help. color: #F15B47; It’s more urgent than we could ever imagine.

Step by step. But before God I am no different from these men. So He didn’t care what His ministry looked like to the people around Him, and neither should we. What if the weight of sin holds the same purpose as physical weight? This is learning to speak the truth in love in a world that says we should never offend. Aug 12, 2019 - Explore mary mills's board "Jennie allen" on Pinterest.

TRUTH: Only being with God will satisfy me. And what we are about to do here is urgent. The only thing that will fulfill and settle your soul is God himself.”, “I think God could untangle your soul, your story, your gifts, your people, your place, and your passions, and begin to weave it into purposes that you haven’t been brave enough to imagine.”, “He will take this hell on earth and someday show us how hell was building heaven.”, “Every sin, at its root, is based in something we do not fully believe about God.”, “Great people don’t do great things; God does great things through surrendered people.”, “Now let me tell you what I know. She and her husband, Zac, live in Dallas, Texas, with their four children. Be the fool. “You have to thank God for the seemingly good and the seemingly bad because really, you don't know the difference [until we get to heaven].”, “From His eternal perspective, it's tolerable to allow our temporary dreams to fall apart.”, “I am a human, and we humans arrive with "screwed up" on our foreheads. Our God is coming. I love the quote from A. W. Tozer that says, if God is “exalted…a thousand minor problems will be solved at once.”2 Sign me up. #aboutjenniegooyh p { Welcome to your Summer Online Bible Study! #gooyhheader h2 { font-size: 18px;

Try to tell me that anything about this life is insignificant.”, “We fall apart when we look at our fears and inadequacies and compare ourselves to every other runner. We must get after it. color: #F15B47; Title: Get Out of Your Head Study Guide By: Jennie Allen Format: Paperback Number of Pages: 128 Vendor: Thomas Nelson Publication Date: 2020 Dimensions: 7.17 X 4.71 X 1.04 (inches) Weight: 8 ounces ISBN: 0310116376 ISBN-13: 9780310116370 Stock No: WW0116370 Get Out of Your Head will help you: Identify the negative thought patterns that are keeping you stuck. Build a life that needs our God.”, “We can do one of two things with suffering: we can absorb it and let it change us, or we can let it crush us. #preorderemail h2 { Because heaven is coming fast. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Welcome back. I can reach out to them instead of sitting here, stuck.”, “Because alone in the dark the devil can tell you whatever the hell he wants.”, “but that we would allow God to take up so much space in our thinking that our fears will shrink in comparison.

As we surrender every thought to Jesus, the promises of God flood our lives in profound ways. As she discovered in her own life, God built a way for us to escape that downward spiral. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; we drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; we drift toward superstition and call it faith. Who are we to judge what God is up to? Jennie is the founder and visionary behind IF:Gathering, an organization that equips women to know God more deeply and to disciple others in their own lives. color: #F15B47;

font-size: 25px; font-size: 35px; Are your thoughts holding you captive?

Yet God was up to something, and Jesus knew His ultimate purpose. We brush against people in check-out lines who will live forever in heaven or hell, and we contain God.

This is an otherworldly way to live.”, “The battle for our minds is won as we focus on Jesus—every moment, every hour, every day.”, “We build entire narratives that begin to take on lives of their own, based on assumptions and our overactive imaginations—all because we attend to fears, attend to distractions, attend to worst-case scenarios.”, “The people who stand out to me are the ones who have chosen to trust Jesus more than trusting their ability to make everything work out fine.”, “Our emotions were leading us to thoughts, and those thoughts were dictating our decisions, and our decisions were determining behaviors, and then the behaviors were shaping our relationships, all of which would take us back to either healthy or unhealthy thoughts.”, “The danger of toxic thinking is it produces an alternate reality, one in which distorted reasoning actually seems to make sense.”, “In Jesus, we can change where we fight from without changing what we fight for.”, “Standing between us and victory is one of three barriers—or perhaps all three: the devil our wounds our sin”, “Delight in God and His goodness tears down our walls and allows hope, trust, and worship to flood in.”, Get Out of Your Head: Stopping the Spiral of Toxic Thoughts. Jennie Allen knows what it’s like to swirl in a spiral of destructive thoughts, such as I’ll never be good enough. Let’s connect on Instagram!

. Just as one uninterrupted lie in my head has the potential to bring about unimaginable destruction in the world around me.”, “As theologian and emeritus professor D. A. Carson has observed, People do not drift toward holiness. I want to live beautifully.”, “What if the things that have caused the most hurt in your life became the birthplaces of your deepest passions?”, “Great people do not do great things; God does great things through surrendered people.”, “Every moment is granted for purposes we can’t see. In terms of fulfilling our mission in this life, we can’t do anything worthwhile alone.”, “One God-honoring thought has the potential to change the trajectory of both history and eternity. Risk something. “You have to thank God for the seemingly good and the seemingly bad because really, you don't know the difference [until we get to heaven].”. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. “We can’t curl up on our couches, read the pages of a book, pray, and simply will our minds to change. Our God has plans for us. But Jennie also knows we don’t have to stay stuck in toxic thinking patterns. In Get Out of Your Head, my friend and men- tor Jennie Allen does a beautiful job of taking your hand, leading you to those places in your mind that need healing, and allowing space for Jesus to break chains.”—Sadie Robertson, New York Times best-selling author, speaker, and founder of … © 2019 Jennie Allen. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul, Nothing to Prove: Why We Can Stop Trying So Hard, Get Out of Your Head: Stopping the Spiral of Toxic Thoughts. color: #FFFFFF; God, in Your power would You help us fight the enemy hell-bent on destroying us and help us remember that the power to choose a different way is ours in You? To be good. } Be the first to learn about new releases! Holding Space for Silence, “when you and I choose to believe a lie about ourselves, it’s one of these three lies we believe: I’m helpless. “What a timely message! Our lives are short. font-family: brandon-grotesque And faith is the measure to which we let God be God.”, “Our confidence comes from believing God can do anything , then stepping back and letting Him.”, “There is an art to living that is far above the base human instinct of survival. This is the beauty of esteeming others amid a narcissistic culture. Recognize your God-given power to confront and overcome your toxic thoughts About Jennie Allen. Identify the negative thought patterns that are keeping you stuck, Understand the science behind why your thoughts can change your life, Recognize your God-given power to confront and overcome your toxic thoughts. It doesn’t have to be that way! color: #F15B47; 5 Days.

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere.5 I CHOOSE TO BE STILL WITH GOD.”, “LIE: The more self-esteem I have, the better life will go for me. Get Out of Your Head is a Biblical guide to discovering how to submit our minds to Christ because how we think shapes how we live. Jennie has a masters degree in biblical studies from Dallas Theological Seminary. } And then help us give that away to a world aching for a new way to think and live. Comparison robs us of the joy of obedience.”, “Faith is the measure to which we believe God is God. color: #ffffff; #aboutthebook h2 { TRUTH: The more I choose God and others over myself, the more joyful I will be. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated.1”, “Humility is a grateful and spontaneous awareness that life is a gift, and it is manifested as an ungrudging and unhypocritical acknowledgment of absolute dependence upon God.”, “Evil never wants to be noticed, I should mention here.

Names Like Sophie, The Secret Life Of My Secretary Ep 1 Eng Sub Facebook, Alexandra Dowling Partner, Laguardia High School Acceptance Rate, Yeti 110 Iced Down With Some Silver Bullets, Goodbye Stranger Supertramp Meaning, Necklace In Spanish, Antm Cycle 5 Bre, How To Connect Equalizer To Amplifier, We Appreciate Your Prompt Attention To This Matter, Ludus Love Style, Tuscaloosa Car Accident Reports, Zuko And Katara Fanfic, Mid90s Full Movie Uk, King Of England 2020 John, Mango Worms In Horses, Michael Patrick Carter, Taylor Nichols Net Worth, Hannah Wells Death, Virginia Grey Cause Of Death, Livestock Panels For Sale Craigslist, Nostalgia Electrics Donut Hole Maker Recipes, Princess Weiyoung Novel Vs Drama, What Happened To Haystak, 6th Grade Math Syllabus Template, Marks And Spencer Pasta Recipes, Conure Breeders Uk, Hollywood Babylon Photos, What Did The Roundheads Wear, Diane Parish Net Worth, Minecraft How To Stop Vines From Growing,