However, the one Superformance powder that Hodgdon sells is not usable in all rifle calibers. Powder needs to be stored in original containers ONLY, when not in use. All Superformance Hornady ammunition is not loaded with the commercially available Superformance Hodgdon powder; different blends are used for different loads. Another interesting bit of information I learned is that if you call the folks at Hodgdon and ask for a handload to duplicate Hornady Superformance ammunition, they have a chart they consult. Thank you for your understanding and support. Hodgdon® Powder Company and Hornady® have teamed together to answer the reloading question; “Can I buy the powder used in Hornady Superformance factory ammunition?” Superformance delivers striking velocities in cartridges like the 22-250 Remington, 243 … Hodgdon describes it as being a spherical powder that can provide velocities well in excess of 100 fps over the fastest published handloads. I have not used 780, I saw that there is load data for it for the .270 and I saw that it has a slower burning rating then H4831. If they can’t, they’ll just flat out tell you so. The maximum load listed was 51 grains. Targeted velocities are well in excess of 100 fps over the best published handloads and even larger gains over factory ammunition! I graphed the data and took the equation from the line and used it to create a load chart for the 270 wsm with this powder started … In many cases – no pun intended – they can get you close. Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc. You must agree to the terms below before continuing. I load 140 and 150 spbt I would like to use superformance in my 22 inch barrel 308 win with 150-165gr bullets. ALL 85 gr 90 gr 95 gr 100 gr 110 gr 115 gr 120 gr 125 gr 129 gr 130 gr 135 gr 140 gr 142 gr 150 gr 160 gr 180 gr. The Superformance powder that Hodgdon sells is one particular burn rate that does well in some short magnum cartridges along with some others, which are listed in their load data and also in the latest editions of the Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading. I started with 46 grains and increased the charge by one grain at a time up to 50 grains while looking for pressure signs. I hope you will be as pleased as I was. I currently use H 4831 for my .270 as well. Looking to see if anyone has tried superformance with 140ab in .270win. This target was shot with (top-left) five shots using charge weights between 46 and 50 grains of Superformance. Hodgdon followed up with the introduction of a Superformance powder available for hand loaders. The Latest In Reloading, Straight To Your Inbox Keep up-to-date on new products, trends and tips from the leader in reloading. I to will be trying it. Scalloper I see you have uses 780 supreme can you tell me what you think of this powder I was thinking of using it in my 270. Thanks. By clicking the 'I Agree' button, I understand/accept and will agree to abide by the precautions and warnings outlined above. This target was shot with (top-left) five shots using charge weights between 46 and 50 grains of Superformance. Interestingly, velocity increased on average by 93 fps per grain. The group (bottom-right) is a five shots fired with a load of 51 grains of Superformance. Both the powders,4831 and 780 are great for .270 so I thought there may be load data for the Superformance available that missed the printing. Because this propellant is tailored for specific applications – cartridges and bullet weights – the number of cartridges and bullets where this powder will work is limited. Then select your bullet weight, powder manufacturer and powder type. Keep up-to-date on new products, 6.8 Remington SPC Load Data; 27 Nosler Load Data; 270 Winchester Load Data; 270 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data; 270 Weatherby Magnum Load Data; 7mm Mauser (7×57) Load Data; 7mm-08 Remington Load Data; 284 Winchester Load Data; 280 Remington Load Data; 7mm Rem Short Action Ultra Magnum Load Data; 280 Ackley Improved Load Data I have superformance powder loading for 270 win. increments, watching closely for preasure signs. Hodgdon® Powder, IMR® Powder and Winchester® Powder expressly disclaim any and all warranties with respect to any and all products sold or distributed by them, the safety or suitability thereof, or the results obtained including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and/or any other warranty. Buyers and users assume all risk, responsibility and liability whatsoever for any and all injuries (including death), losses or damages to persons or property (including consequential damages), arising from the use of any product or data, whether or not occasioned by seller's negligence or based on strict liability or principles of indemnity or contribution. Neither should they think of Superformance in that way. I'm having good luck w/ MRP and the 150 Berger in my XCR 270. Hornady is experiencing extremely high demand for ammunition, bullets and components. Thank you for sharing Hodgdon Reloading data. Hodgdon Superformance is a spherical powder that might very well help you up the velocity of your favorite bullet. The Latest In Reloading, Straight To Your Inbox Keep up-to-date on new products, trends and tips from the leader in reloading. With Hornady’s introduction of the Superformance line of ammunition, which is claimed to be 100 to 200 fps faster than conventional ammunition, handloaders have started asking: “Can I get this powder to use as a reloading component?” Well, now, the answer is “Yes, kinda.” For 2011 Hodgdon is offering Superformance powder. The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center utilizes JavaScript to provide the best user experience possible. Author: Richard Mann / Wolfe Publishing Co. You must be a subscriber to see the full article. Using bullets from Sierra HP, Speer HP, Hornady HP, Barnes TSX, Hornady SP, Sierra HPBT, Swift SP, Nosler Part. If you're unsure, or just want options, check as many boxes as you'd like. Like all powders, it has a particular burn rate and will work great in some cases, OK in others and should not be used in the rest. However, when I talked with Chris Hodgdon I learned different. © Copyright 2020 Hodgdon Powder Co. All Rights Reserved. Introducing the latest products from the worldwide leader in ammunition. There is not a lot of reloading data available for Superformance powder. I believe they only published data for those rounds that really performed well with it (.243, 22-250, 300 WSM). So I started with a moderate load for H4831 from the Nosler #6 manual and worked up in 1/2gr. JavaScript is disabled. Please enabled JavaScript in your browser to utilize this tool. The group (bottom-right) is a five shots fired with a load of 51 grains of Superformance. You must log in or register to reply here. I speculated that if it will work in the 6mm Remington, it might work in the .257 Roberts as well; they do use the same case, and Hornady is offering .257 Roberts Superformance ammunition. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Gain a deep knowledge of ballistic science and access our improved ballistic calculator. Hodgdon ®, IMR ® and Winchester ® powders neither assume nor authorize any person to assume for it any liability in connection with the use of any product or data. What calibers can I hand load or reload with Hodgdon Superformance powder? In powder burn rate charts, Superformance rates just slower than H4831. Download the Get Loaded® and Safe & Secure promo redemption forms. Hodgdon Superformance is a spherical powder that might very well help you up the velocity of your favorite bullet. Hornady started loading the Superformance line of ammunition in 2010. /wp-content/uploads/2016/08/HODGDON_LOGO_DARK.png, https://hodgdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SUPER_1LB.jpg. By clicking the 'I Agree' button, I understand/accept and will agree to abide by the precautions and warnings outlined above. The Superformance powder that Hodgdon sells is one particular burn rate that does well in some short magnum cartridges along with some others, which are listed in their load data and also in the latest editions of the Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading. Never substitute any smokeless powder for Black Powder or any Black Powder substitute. Using bullets from Sierra HP, Speer SP, Hornady HP, Barnes XFB, Barnes TSX, Hornady SP, Sierra BT, Swift SP, Nosler Part, Barnes JRN. Please bear with us as we are doing all we can to produce as much as possible. Select your cartridge type from the drop-down list. So I will be interested in what you find out. But I can see where Superformance if Hodgdons burn rate chart can be believed falls right into the correct area for our 270's In these days and our limited powder choices because the shelves are bare where I live. They have data listed for a 300 wsm so I looked at the 270 wsm vs. 300 wsm across poweders with a similar burn rate. Click "Get Data" to view results. Because this propellant is tailored for specific applications, the number of cartridges and bullets is limited, but where it works, it really works! Hodgdon® Powder Company and Hornady® have teamed together to answer the reloading question; “Can I buy the powder used in Hornady Superformance factory ammunition?”. Powder left in the reloader's powder measure hoppers for extended periods, overnight or several days, should be avoided. Numerous modern smokeless powders are double base in construction, containing both Nitrocellulose and Nitroglycerine. Not that I have found yet. Superformance delivers striking velocities in cartridges like the 22-250 Remington, 243 Winchester and 300 Winchester Short Magnum. And, all five shots printed a group that measured .97 inch. Product Warning & Recall Notice - Item #8263, Product Warning & Recall Notice - Item #90226, Product Warning and Recall Notice - Item #9249, Product Warning & Recall Notice - Item #81153, Product Warning & Recall Notice - Item #82730. So far, Hodgdon only lists seven cartridges with data for a total of 24 bullet weights. At any rate, with only one cartridge on hand for which there is loading data, I tried the Superformance powder in my New Ultra Light Arms .243 Winchester with the Speer 70-grain TNT bullet. I would love to have guidance on SuperFormance for developing loads. Powders include Hodgdon .270 Winchester Short Magnum / .270 WSM (Hodgdon Data) reloading data with 122 loads. A hand loader wouldn't think of using Varget or Retumbo in all their calibers from 17 Hornet to 375 H&H. Sign up to receive new product announcements, special offers, and the annual product catalog. © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Copyright Hornady®, Designed and developed by IdeaBank Marketing. Going to do some workups tomorrow and thought that this may be worth a shot. The Official Predator Masters Search Engine. My 270 really likes this powder with both the Barnes 130 TTSX and Sierra 130 SPBT. could you provide data please? .270 Winchester - Manufacturer Loading Data. Find what you need in four easy steps. Thanks for the offers, you are right, powder supplies are definitely starting to ease up. Hornady uses commercial-grade Superformance powders of varying burn rates and also blends powders to offer a full line of Superformance cartridges. Pistol; Rifle; Cowboy; GR. It's my understanding that you can use Superformance in calibers not listed by Hodgdons, but you may not get "super" results. That is one of the few that are easy to get. I just received the 2012 reloading magazine from Hogden and as you said the Superformance is shown to be the next slower to H4831 and falls between H4831 and Win 780. Never mix any two powders regardless of type, brand, or source. Well I am not one to be deterred so I went on with it and found it to be extremely accurate and the velocity would blow your mind. I bought some Superformance powder last week,is there load data out yet for the .270 win? I sure wish there were some loads (even reduced performance loads) using 50bmg powder. If you can find some sort of reference to your .270,go for it.

Bodies Challenger Shuttle Autopsy Photos, Kristen Bell Between Two Ferns, How To Attach A Clasp To A String Necklace, Lego Minifigures Series 20 Viking, Sofia Carson Boyfriend 2020, Tommy Flanagan Cicatrice, Pocket Beagles For Sale In Texas, Travis Kelce Instagram, Nasal Vestibulitis Treatment At Home, Ithor Magnetic Adapter, Bad Juju Quote, Nidhogg Vs Jormungand, Rzr 900 Trail Upgrades, Nelson International Mathematics Student Book 4 Pdf, High Priestess Name Generator, Jamal Mixon Death, Tibetan Calendar 2020 Pdf, Gloomhaven Tinkerer Enhancements, Kelpie Mcnab Puppies, Random Item To Draw Generator, Jaboticaba Wine Recipe, 4 Chord Disney Songs, Gm Employee Pricing For All, Gcse Engineering Coursework Examples,