Aside from that, we don’t really know much about her, and we never even get to see what she looks like. It’s the idea that Kratos has no clue what he’s doing as a father and how to love a child that the community has sort of created when in reality, Kratos was seemingly a good and loving father…, I’ve been thinking about those symbols for other Mythologies, how they all exist in one Universe. How Kratos might lose his weapon upgrades at the start of the next game, How God of War helped me with my chronic depression, Fallout 76: The state of the game (This needs to be said). At the end of God of War, when Kratos and Atreus finally arrive at Jotunheim, they see a mural on the wall depicting all of the adventures and encounters they’ve had thus far. Your email address will not be published. I don't even remember if they said how she died in the first place. When future Loki arrived to the past same time with world serpent, that probably when he befriended Freya and Freya considered him as a brother. 2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. Atreus was the elder brother of Thyestes and was the king of Mycenae. Same painting what Atreus mother used to guide Kratos and Atreus on their journey. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. That’s all you need to know about who Atreus’ mother is in God of War. Early on the game Atreus and Kratos are trying to hunt down a boar, not just any kind of boar… This boar is Atreus (Loki) from the future. Atreus and Kratos helped light elves to regain power, so that could be the name that light elves gave to Atreus ''Freyr'' (Which almost sounds like Free-er, could possibly mean savior?). If you haven’t completed the game and want to go in completely fresh, don’t read on. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Your email address will not be published. While time passes differently there compared to Midgard, the way all those dead giants were strewn about implied they didn't die naturally. God of War begins by setting players out on a personal quest to lay the ashes of Kratos' lover and Atreus' mother at the top of the tallest mountain but before they can set out on this dangerous journey, they're interrupted by "The Stranger" who instigates a fight with Kratos. cookies given so far 8. That’s probably not what they have planned, but it is the…, In GOW 2, you began as an OP god fucking up mere mortals like it was going out of style, and the whole "lose your godly powers by putting them into the blade of olympus" thing made it so that you could be defeated by the enemies of the game without feeling like you were…. Like how Atreus is actually the father of the world serpent but the game made it seem like the world serpents been there forever. Required fields are marked *. Atreus, in Greek legend, the son of Pelops of Mycenae and his wife, Hippodamia. Home » Guides » God of War: Who Atreus’ Mother Is (Faye). Also to note that the Light Elves are waiting for Freyr. Full sig in quote, cookie for who knows who said it. | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Us |. And how did the giants all die in their own realm Jotenheim(?) Without that knife, Kratos would have died. If you know a system is flawed... Winterhome is better with heaters + isolation. The son of a Greek immigrant father and an outcast frost giant mother, Atreus, will be the savior of the Norse lands, liberating them from their unjust and barbaric Gods. When Atreus gets sick and Kratos takes him back to Witch, we hear the world serpents horn being blown… That was non other than Future Loki after he transformed back to his humanform, we did not see the boar at Witches cabin anymore. Do be warned that we’re about to spoil Faye’s identity and a major story revelation that occurs near the end of God of War about Atreus’ mother. They also learn that Faye herself was actually a Giant, a race that has long since been extinct. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute("id","a7d6ba3886e9af3d63ddc2338cdc3367");document.getElementById("b01ed9daea").setAttribute("id","comment"); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It was strange how Kratos and Atreus didn't even question the unusual situation. One day Atreus/Loki/freyr turns into boar (Probably to wait Kratos and young Atreus) and wait the fated day where he waits them to hunt him so Kratos notices the knife on the ground. What makes me say that the Boar is Future Atreus? So he went back in time as a boar to be ''hunted'' by them which enabled Kratos noticing the knife that dropped. Kratos’ primary goal in God of War is relatively simple: go to the highest peak in all the realms and scatter the ashes of his dead wife, Faye. Kratos’ primary goal in God of War is relatively simple: go to the highest peak in all the realms and scatter the ashes of his dead wife, Faye. Boar had Blue eyes, Atreus has blue eyes. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included. The story of his family—the House of Atreus—is virtually unrivaled in antiquity for complexity and corruption. 3.6k 183 comments A shepherd found the infant Aegisthus and gave him to Atreus, who raised him as his own son. Agreed fez! If Kratos dies or Atreus grows up and leaves, I feel that thematically, the best place for Atreus to go and advance as a character is Shinto Mythology. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. The Stranger we quickly learn is seemingly invincible, feels no pain, and is a Norse god. Loki could also be a Freyr, the brother of Freya. While his motives … This reveal also sets the stage for future God of War adventures, in which Atreus will sure have a larger role to play. Missed getting the Eye of the Outer Realm in Helheim...any way back in? What if in future Lokis timeline Kratos died and Freya was the one to look after Atreus. For more on the game, be sure to check out our ever-expanding wiki. The secret Hrumthur told Freyja (spoilers). When the game starts, we see that Faye has already passed away, and we learn that her final wish was for her ashes to be scattered at the highest peak by Kratos and Atreus. It's not known how the giants died in Jotunheim. The reason why the boar hovered around Atreus and Kratos home is because of the knife Arteus dropped. In future Loki's timeline, Kratos was already dead because he dropped his mothers knife. We also learn that Faye had originally wanted to name her son Loki, a name that fans will recognize as the Norse god who was also the brother of Thor and son of Odin. Unbeknownst to her, Baldur is out to kill Kratos. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. In essence, since Kratos is a god and Faye is a Giant, this makes Atreus half-god and half-Giant. If the boar had not been there, Atreus would have dropped the knife and Kratos would have not noticed it and it would have lead to Kratos death. Thyestes did so by raping Pelopia (his identity hidden from her) and the son, Aegisthus, did kill Atreus. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020. Is it fine if I play God of War on PS4 without playing the others. I was wondering that myself, it's like she was in hiding as much as Kratos was. Did you see the yellow paintings on the boars sides? I mean its Santa Monicas take on norse mythology so whatever in the game isn't 100% accurate. 2020 GamesToday - Your place for discussion, help, guides, reviews, videos, questions, news, and anything else games related. Any info further clarifying background about their mother would be much appreciated!! Would you buy the next game if the playable character is Atreus and he's gay? God of War has always played loose with it's source material so the fact that Atreus' 'real' name from his mother is Loki doesn't really give us much to go on. Who Atreus’ Mother Is in God of War. What if in future Lokis timeline Kratos died and Freya was the one to look after Atreus. Here’s my last shred of hope, however improbable it might be. Freya always liked Atreus. While Faye/Laufaye is factual, theres going to be gaps. She heals Atreus, brings Mimir back from the dead, and is also Baldur's mother. I can’t get this out of my head and decided to share. When future Loki arrived to the past same time with world serpent, that probably when he befriended Freya and Freya considered him as a brother. One day Atreus/Loki/freyr turns into boar (Probably to wait Kratos and young Atreus) and wait the fated day where he waits them to hunt him so Kratos notices … Agent Green (a proposed horticultural quest-line), IG Rookie’s thoughts on the aging curve as the esports player. 2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. There are several different accounts of Atreus’s feud with Thyestes. Because of this, it is possible that Faye could have had some sort of relation to Odin and Thor. I want my gorilla champion, so I desinged it. It is said in the game that World serpent arrived one day, what if Loki arrived with the serpent at the same time? Thanks Yes, but not much else is known about what she did in Midgard. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Loki is considered to be a trickster in norse mythology, i guess in God of Wars Atreus is many people. It's pretty obvious that time travel is a thing in the new God of Wars saga, and we have met futures Atreus aka Loki, where you may ask? Freyr's symbol is Boar, that is probably why we see Loki in Boar form.

Santa's Village Discount Tickets, Dod Overdrive Preamp 250 Pedal, Mooer Ge100 Reddit, How To Make Hibiscus Bloom, 5th Grade Informational Writing Prompts With Reading Passages, Tetley Print Perform Present, Rayquaza Pokémon Go Counters, Vizio Calibration App, Iucn Red List 2019, Hp 9015 Double Sided Scanning, Humboldt Seeds Best Strain,