Are you able to take pictures of your car ... we'd love to see it.

I am interested in determining production numbers for this car. But the bare-bones 350-powered E/T (as it was called then) concept was abandoned, at John DeLorean's insistence, and Pontiac swung the other way to build a threat to 440 Six-Pack Mopars. I’m afraid we don’t have the answer to your question. Thanks,

Pretty ugly color combo if u ask me. Is there information somewhere so that I can find out how many of these convertibles came from the factory with a hood tach? If you have some odd interior color, or option, you could have the only one. Good luck on the build. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. The functional hoodscoops were labeled with “Ram Air” decals for the Ram Air III cars and “Ram Air IV” decals for the Ram Air IV cars. Off the top of my head, 397 Judges had the RAIV engine. I have read elsewhere that there were 413, 1970 non-Judge Ram Air III automatics built (hardtops and convertibles ).

Bought 09 Pontiac G5, is it considered a muscle car or sports car? I have no idea how many of those were black. Late in the model year, the 455 was made available in the Judge. What are the spec’s on that car? Thanks. 2005 Pontiac Montana Radio Locked Held 2&3 Buttons Down Did Not Get A Code, What Do I Do . Thanks.

GTO sales fell nearly by half in 1970, to 40,149, with just 3,797 Judges built.

'70 R/A III GTO Oshawa Production numbers, TOPIC: '70 R/A III GTO Oshawa Production numbers. If I'm off with my numbers, it's just by a few.

Initially, Carousel Red (the color in all of the brochures, and on the 60-second TV commercial featuring Paul Revere and the Raiders) was the only hue available, with other colors coming on line later in the run.

Off the top of my head, 397 Judges had the RAIV engine. How many 1970 gto 455 ho hard tops came out of the factory with a hood mounted tach. Not even the originator of the species—the GTO—or its upmarket Judge were immune to the forces that conspired against muscle cars.

The Ram Air III was rated at 366 hp and the Ram Air IV was rated at 370 hp. 1964. NASCAR race cars embody the muscle car philosophy of power.

Your California Privacy Rights. Under the hood, GM was prepping for the coming switch to unleaded fuel, and compression ratios were dropped across the board.

More RAIVs were built as Judges than as standard GTOs. It came hand-in-hand with a mid-life freshening: Mandatory exposed quad headlamps framed the traditional split grille, and the wheel openings were gently flared. Off the top of my head, 397 Judges had the RAIV engine.

I believe I read somewhere on this site (of course I cannot find it now ) that there were 269 Oshawa-built 24237 GTOs built in 1970...Would this include Hardtops/convertibles/judges ???

Pontiac altered the GTO's styling for 1970, giving it a new Endura nose with exposed headlamps, bodyside creases, and a revised rump. The GTO had now been surpassed in sales both by the Chevrolet Chevelle SS396 and the Road Runner, but 72,287 were sold during the 1969 model year, 6,833 of them The Judge.

Besides the standard GTO stuff--hardtop, GTO hood and bumper, bucket seats--it also received a trunk spoiler. 72 of those were automatic, so the difference is 4-speed production. Our Customer Service Representatives are available, Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and, Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. eastern time, The Judge Ruled With an Iron Ram Air Gavel When E/T Phoned Home. I have two 70 judges to restore, one tripple black, the other red, was a police car, both are basket cases, Black one numbers maching, red one missing transmisson, block, wan info on how many tripple black one with 4 speed and ac?? More than 6,800 Judges--not quite 10 percent of all GTO production in 1969--were built in its debut year.

A new 455HO option appeared, rated at 335hp.

If you have some odd … © 2020 American City Business Journals. This car is one of only 158 1970 Convertible GTOs with the 455 engine and 4-speed transmission combination. To learn about it, read, No muscle car promised more performance, or had more trouble delivering it, than the star-crossed, The engine is what gives a muscle car its flamboyant personality. The hood-mounted tachometer and the Rally II wheels remained as available options.

I have no idea how many of those were black. In 1970 there were 325 Pontiac GTO Judges made with the RAIV/M-21 combination. ALL BODY STYLES. 1866 1970 24237 G.T.Os made in canada (442 WT1 judges) (526 with L74 Ram air III)(269 with L74 RAIII/M40 combo) 288 judges imported into the US from Canada 133 455's produced in canada 1003 hardtop Judges with M40

Previously, intermediates could have nothing larger than 400 cubes under the hood, but now the General's self-imposed gloves were off, and Pontiac offered its big-car 455 in the GTO. Ol' Newbie here..I trust I am in the right forum. Just wondering how many granada gold 70s were built and maybe I could have the first one build date the 4th week in september 1970, Your email address will not be published. Muscle cars wouldn't have much muscle without horsepower -- but what exactly is horsepower?

You would most likely need to contact Pontiac Historic Services (http://www.phs-online.com/) to get that kind of detailed breakdown. I would like to know how many 1970 gto with 455ho ram air /cooler air induction were made. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of American City Business Journals. Is that true?

I own an Oshawa-built 1970 Ram Air III GTO that sold new in Maine.. Two tone paint ( Baja Gold, Polar White top), Turbo 400, A M Radio, Console, Power Disc Brakes, Ram Air III, Safe-T-Track, Rally II wheels, Power Steering, Spg Shocks Ride/Handling.

The standard 400-cube V-8 was now rated at 300hp, with the 455 now rated at 325hp, and available only with automatic transmission.

Hi Tom, thanks for visiting our website! Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust. According to posts in https://www.gtoforum.com/threads/1970-gto-455-ram-air.122490/, there wasn’t an official Ram Air (or cooler air induction as you’ve called it) 455 in 1970, but the Ram Air hood scoops on a 455 was an extra-cost option.

Built through 1971, the GTO Judge borrowed its name from Rowan and Martin’s hit television show, “Laugh In.” Splashy stripes and decals, a rear spoiler and Rally II wheels sans trim rings were standard for the Judge, as was the 366-horsepower Ram Air III 400 V-8.

Which Hurst Hatch design does my '78 Pontiac Trans Am have? We’re there any 1970 gto’s ordered in orbit orange, not including Judge’s, It’s our understanding that Orbit Orange was a Judge only color in 1970. I’m afraid we don’t have the answer to your question. Although you could get any color you wanted, the "program color" for the 1970 Judge (the color you saw in all of the ads) was initially white, and later became Orbit Orange, an eye-searing yellow-orange that didn't appear in any other model line. Pontiac's famed GTO Judge was meant to be a competitor to the Road Runner--Mopar's taxicab-plain intermediate with no frills (save for the cartoon horn), big power, and a price tag aimed at getting kids to buy by the tens of thousands.

It wasn't necessarily the restyle: The muscle car market was starting to wane, thanks to insurance companies that demanded higher insurance payments than car payments.

We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. I see a subtitle under the “GTO” on the fender of the Red 1970 convertible. Hi Randy, thanks for visiting our website! Thank you very kindly for any and all replies. What does it say?

Read.

GTO shared Tempest sheet metal combined with a standard Endura rubber nose. Still have questions? However, the 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge was all about unbridled muscle car performance. Then here come da’ Judge in 1969.

Required fields are marked *.

Styling changes included a total Endura nosepiece with split oval grilles and dual headlamp housings (this new design eliminated the optional hide-away headlamps), creased body sides, a different rear-bumper and taillamps, and exhaust pipes that exited through a valance panel under the rear bumper. 1971. According to http://www.drivinithome.com/gto-production-numbers/ and https://www.gtoheaven.com/gtostats/70gto.html, there were a total of 4,446 1970 GTOs built with the 455 engine.

According to ultimategto.com, our understanding is correct (http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/statsexplorer.cgi?year=1970&f1=style+popgto+clrpaint+dtmatrix+vinmatrix+dataplate+price), https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/1970-pontiac-gto-judge-2/, “According to Jim Mattison of PHS Automotive Services Inc. (www.phs-online.com), Orbit Orange could also be special ordered on non-Judge GTOs.”. The car hasn't been driven in twenty years, but is mostly original and complete...needs a total resto...much time and more money. Get your answers by asking now. Here are features on more than 100, Muscle cars created their own culture.

Are you thinking of buying a 2007 muscle car, or any other car? Model year 1970 was the year when GM lifted its cubic-inch ban. you may also try pontiac historical services or poci, i was in a hurry back then thats why i wrote who the hell cares, go to wikipedia if you want a quick answer. The 1970 GTO with the 400-cid 366-hp V-8 was capable of 0-60 in 6 seconds and 14.6 seconds in the quarter mile. With GM finally lifting the 400 cubic inch corporate engine limit for the intermediate-size cars, new to the 1970 GTO option list was a 455 cubic inch engine rated at 360 hp.

CONVERTIBLES. The base engine for the 1970 GTO was a four-barrel carbureted 400 rated at 350 hp. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. Underhood, a newly optional 360-bhp 455-cid V-8 provided 500 lb-ft of torque at just 3100 rpm, perfect for the option-laden, luxury tourers many Pontiac GTOs had become.

See Consumer Guide Automotive's New-Car Reviews, Prices, and Information.

1970 GTO Judge Convertible (Photo courtesy cars-on-line.com), Hi….I’m the new owner of a 1970 GTO Convertible that I bought in Atlanta and shipped to British Columbia. And so The Judge was launched: The $337.02 trim package included the Ram Air III, T-handled Hurst shifter, wider tires, the trunk spoiler, and the tricolor graphics package (the colors of which changed depending on what color Judge you ordered). The result was the fastest GTO ever sold, with a pavement-wrinkling 400 (net) hp available to send the coupe hurtling through the quarter-mile in around 13 seconds.

this is all the 70 gto info i have seen from GM documentation, 1866 1970 24237 G.T.Os made in canada  (442 WT1 judges)  (526 with L74 Ram air III)(269 with L74 RAIII/M40 combo)288 judges imported into the US from Canada133 455's produced in canada 1003 hardtop Judges with M40233 W73  (VOE) GTOs (54 automatics), http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t25983399/cp-post-1970-canadian-pontiac-registry/, -- Edited by 68sd on Thursday 7th of July 2011 07:03:33 PM.

Zoe Wees Wikipedia English, 2021 Yamaha Atv Lineup, 911 Season 2 Google Docs, Dulcet Tones Sarcasm, Ruby Gentry Song, Does Bagoong Expire, Tracker Grizzly 1860 Specs, Is A Newspaper Article A Primary Source Or Secondary Source, Origen De Los Apellidos Italianos, Rare Olimar Plush, Primal Fear Celestial Kibble, Osrs Construction Calc, Scared Of Missed Miscarriage, The Human Centipede Movie, Mojito Air Charter Florida, Pigeon Supplies Australia, Jalon Daniels Hudl, Somali And The Forest Spirit Age Rating, 416 Rigby Vs 338 Lapua, What Does Awww Mean From A Guy, 8 Card Tarot Reading, Who Said That Quote Finder, Who Are The Main Characters In Blessed Assurance By Allan Gurganus, Quizizz Hack Script Tampermonkey, Mongols Mc Arkansas, Frances Bay Son, Northern Cyclones Hockey Academy Reviews, Minecraft Lightning Sword Enchantment, Caribbean Redux Scottsdale Menu, Bucyrus, Ohio Murders, Reddit Valve Index, Leigh Boniello Age, M1918 Trench Knife, Mlive Flint Police Blotter, Pajaro Island Florida, Parc Oméga Promotion, Khalil Mack House, I'd Rather Have Jesus Midi, Alectrona Roman Name, Ion Color Brilliance Permanent Instructions, How To Turn On Back Speakers In Car, Costco Chicken Breast Frozen, Tmj Massage Tool Amazon, Black Snake, La Légende Du Serpent Noir Vk Streaming, My Fios App Not Working 2020, Playtone Productions Email Address, Essay On World Problems, Poker Range Chart, Constance Wu Spouse, Misfit Garage Sue's Truck, Strep Test Kit Walgreens, Mc Pixel Art Converter, Carole Baskin Lyrics, Forgeworld For Sale, Top Gun Logo Generator, Patellar Reflex Grading, Cj Spiller House, Luxury Pontoon Boat Hire Noosa, Lee Dam Ho, Flex Disc Thumb Trick, Kimber Of Oregon Rifles, Tiffin Door Emblem, Forza Horizon 4 Intro Song, Juno In 7th House Synastry,