[1], From Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, "Jimmy Nail | Biography & History | AllMusic", "Sting and Jimmy Nail on the Musical 'The Last Ship, "Sting: 'I betrayed my best friend Jimmy Nail to save my musical, "Sting interview: 'Criticism is part of the job, "The Last Ship (Original Broadway Cast Recording)", "Greenwich's Rob Mathes receives his first Tony Award nomination...", "Casting announced for The War of the Worlds", https://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jimmy_Nail&oldid=6738083, All Wikipedia articles written in British English, Wikipedia articles with BIBSYS identifiers, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WorldCat identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License. In 2005, Nail played gamekeeper "Rabbetts" in Danny, the Champion of the World, based on the novel of the same name by Roald Dahl. [6][7][8][9][10], In 2016, Nail played Parson Nathaniel in War of the Worlds alongside David Essex at the Dominion Theatre, London.

With Tim Healy, Nail created the Sammy Johnson Memorial Fund, in memory of their friend and colleague, established to help young talent in North East England. Val McLane, Actress: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. He was involved in a fight after a football match and was sent to prison. It was shown on TV in 2002 and had 13 million viewers.

It has recently relocated from the 2000-capacity Newcastle City Hall to the 5000-capacity Newcastle Arena, and Nail made a special guest appearance. [citation needed], Nail is married with two children and lives in London.

Nail played Parson Nathaniel in War of the Worlds alongside David Essex at the Dominion Theatre, London in 2016. [citation needed], In 2008, Nail created and starred as Phil Parker in Parents of the Band, a 6 x 30 mins series on BBC1, broadcast between November 2008 and January 2009. [2] She has appeared in numerous television roles, including When the Boat Comes In, Behind the Bike Sheds, and some Catherine Cookson adaptations for Tyne Tees Television. Other television roles include a role as a secretary in Our Friends in the North. [1] He later spent time drinking, fighting, and generally rebelling against authority. The show ran for three series from 1990 to 1993. JIMMY CHOOなんたってスタッズ!!ちょっと意識して、、、こんな感じに仕上がりましたNakashima nail sister 岡山ネイルサロン&スクール 「nail sister」 岡山県岡山市北区中仙道 086-259-5270 Instagram nail_nailsister [11], In 2004, Nail successfully sued News Group Newspapers and Harper Collins Publishers. He was involved in a fight after a football match and was sent to prison. He co-wrote it with Ian La Frenais. His 2001 album Big River featured guitarist Mark Knopfler.

Nail worked in the shipyards and is the son of a shipyard foreman.

James Michael Aloysius Bradford (born 16 March 1954), known as Jimmy Nail, is an English singer-songwriter, actor, film producer, and television writer. AUF Wiedersehen Pet star Jimmy Nail apologised to his Welsh wife in the High Court yesterday as she listened to "horrid" and untrue stories about his private life. He describes himself as an angry kid who was expelled from secondary school for setting fire to curtains. The show ran for three series from 1990 to 1993 and also produced a tele-film and a novel. After being released he worked in a glass factory. I was watching Piers Moron with Denise Welch interview and Jimmy Nail just "popped up" and I wanted to know if anyone knows whats he is doing now. Her younger brother is musician Jimmy Nail. [2] His sister, Val McLane, was a successful actress and later became Head of Drama at Sunderland University. [5], In 2014, Nail came out of retirement to act and sing in The Last Ship, a musical by Sting about the shipbuilders of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, the hometown of both Nail and Sting.

[10], He played gamekeeper "Rabbetts" in Danny, the Champion of the World, based on the novel of the same name by Roald Dahl.

[4] Big River featured guitarist Mark Knopfler. Nail sang on the Original Broadway Cast Recording and on Sting's album, The Last Ship.

Nail said "I was very much looking forward to appearing in Sting's The Last Ship, particularly here in my home city, Sadly that's not to be. While opening a crate of glass he stood on a six-inch spike that went through his foot. Nail said "I was very much looking forward to appearing in Sting's The Last Ship, particularly here in my home city, sadly that's not to be." Sting grew up in Wallsend, down the street from the shipyards. [1] He is an avid Newcastle United fan. It was filmed in Middlesbrough and Arizona in 2001 and aired in 2002, with audience figures of 13 million.

It was his first appearance since 2006, in which he sang "Ain't No Doubt" and "Big River", and also appeared in three Auf Wiedersehen, Pet sketches. To aid this, he participated in the Sunday for Sammy benefit concerts, until workload forced him to resign from the board. But the couple are still friends despite the break-up. [12][13] He reportedly received damages of £30,000. The show opened in Chicago. [12], His work has resulted in five BAFTA nominations (three in total for A.W.P., one for Spender, one for Crocodile Shoes), a Golden Globe nomination (Best Original Song – "Still Crazy"), an Ivor Novello nomination (for "Ain't No Doubt") and numerous other awards and nominations. [14], Also writer, executive producer, creator and director/co-director, Also writer, executive producer and creator, Also creator, executive producer and title music composer, English guitarist, singer-songwriter, actor, screenwriter, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Jimmy Nail | Biography & History | AllMusic", "Sting and Jimmy Nail on the Musical 'The Last Ship, "Sting: 'I betrayed my best friend Jimmy Nail to save my musical, "Sting interview: 'Criticism is part of the job, "The Last Ship (Original Broadway Cast Recording)", "Greenwich's Rob Mathes receives his first Tony Award nomination...", "Casting announced for The War of the Worlds", "Sting and Jimmy Nail support Newcastle United boycott", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jimmy_Nail&oldid=983953428, BLP articles lacking sources from August 2010, BLP articles lacking sources from January 2017, Articles with unsourced statements from June 2016, Articles with unsourced statements from January 2017, Articles with unsourced statements from February 2019, Wikipedia articles with BIBSYS identifiers, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 October 2020, at 07:45.

Make 3d Text, Sherry Cohen Age, Adam Goodes Net Worth, Sojaboy Lisa Song Lyrics, Maisy Biden University Of Michigan, Fe Civil Practice Exam 2020, Waze Longitude Latitude, Michael Green House Address, Citadel Python Test, Brenda Sykes Husband, Dialogue En Anglais Entre Deux Personne Qui Se Rencontre Pdf, Parrot Eggs Avian Farm, Lon Chaney Jr Grave, Discord Countdown Timer Bot, Funeral Notices Belmont Nsw, David Rudisha Net Worth, Europa G500 For Sale, Maximum City Pdf, Donovan Mccrary Net Worth, Correio Da Manhã Tv Live Stream, Khaki Colour Paint, 500 S&w Magnum, Cute Stationery Stickers, Oni Wiki Geyser, New Idle Games, Univision Noticias En Vivo, Train To Busan 1, X Files Fight The Future Full Movie Stream, Warzone Weapons Tier List, Ahra Name Meaning, Dps Outlook Webmail, Gregg Rolie Wife, Spce Stock Forecast 5 Years, Heavy Breathing Sound Effect Meme, Radio Controlled Thermo Clock John Lewis Instructions, How To Attach A Clasp To A String Necklace, Craig James Current Job, Goodbye Stranger Supertramp Meaning, How To Control Mobs In Spectator Mode, Talia Jackson Parents, Termite Larvae Vs Maggots,