More importantly, he exhibits and a depth and range that he's never shown before. Find out where Love & Basketball is streaming, if Love & Basketball is on Netflix, and get news and updates, on Decider. From young children to grown ups, we find these two struggling to deal with and master both Love AND Basketball as they go through life. Monica and Quincy love and play basketball together through many life challenges from childhood to adulthood. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. I would definitely recommend Love & Basketball as a date night movie if the date requires staying in. Reviewed in the United States on February 13, 2020. This month is especially rich because the line-up also includes Malcolm X and Class Act! Directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood. Some years later, their pro careers at a crossroads, they meet again. “It makes me excited because Monica Wright was my first Strong Black Lead,” Lathan recalled, noting fans still come up to her today to tell her how much they love her in the film. Love and Basketball is so extraordinary, I can barely find the words to describe it. Browse from thousands of movies and shows. Monica and Quincy love and play basketball together through many life challenges from childhood to adulthood.

From young children to grown ups, we find these two struggling to deal with and master both Love AND Basketball as they go through life. And sure, even Halle Berry admits Catwoman was a hot ass mess, but the fact Strong Black Lead added it anyway for the culture is something I have to respect. Double or nothin’, Netflix is adding Gina Prince-Bythewood’s Love & Basketball. Love and Basketball is a great movie for women and men to watch because there is something for everyone to enjoy, first love and sports what's not to love about that? Get unlimited DVD Movies & TV Shows delivered to your door with no … “What better way to spend the holidays than to watch a film centered on black love?” Epps, who portrayed Quincy McCall, asked. From young children to grown ups, we find these two struggling to deal with and master both Love AND Basketball as they go through life. Some scuffles, parent slaps adult child, plus Monica is often fouled on the basketball court for displays of temper. Double or nothin’, Netflix is adding Gina Prince-Bythewood’s Love & Basketball. They're 11, and both want to play in the NBA, just like Quincy's dad.

(as Nathaniel Bellamy). NetflixReleases is an unofficial site for Netflix fans. With Sanaa Lathan, Omar Epps, Glenndon Chatman, Jess Willard. I feel it fits the mold. Details on 'Southern Charm’s Craig Conover’s Manicure, Craig Conover "Almost Threw Up" When He Heard The Cameran Rumor on 'Southern Charm', This story has been shared 1,742 times. In South Central L.A., a misguided 20-year-old African-American man, a "baby boy", faces the commitments of real life. ‘Really Love’: Angel Kristi Williams’ Debut Is A Timeless Black Romance [AFI Review], Adrienne Warren to Play Mamie Till-Mobley on ABC’s ‘Women of the Movement’, Gina Prince-Bythewood to Direct Episode of ABC’s Civil Rights Movement Series, Amazon’s Black Employee Network Recommended Watching.

Reviewed in the United States on December 26, 2019. It’s a timeless tale that holds up well in the production and acting department even today... Twenty years later, The Blacker the Content the Sweeter the Truth, MONICA DID NOTHING WRONG IN THE CURFEW SCENE LET'S FIGHT. Check the Love and Basketball (2000) trailer! As high school ends, they come together as a couple, but within a year, with both of them playing ball at USC, Quincy's relationship with his father takes an ugly turn, and it leads to a break up with Monica. Sugar, spice & everything rice. Add Love & Basketball to your Watchlist to find out when it's coming back.

Friends since childhood, Monica and Quincy both pursue their dreams of playing pro basketball while a romance gradually blooms over the years. Like NetflixReleases on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and we keep you posted about what is new on Netflix and what will expire soon on Netflix. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. When college friends reunite after 15 years over the Christmas holidays, they discover just how easy it is for long-forgotten rivalries and romances to be reignited. Omar Epps brings his trademark cockiness to the role, and although it took me awhile to buy him as a basketball player -he's not exactly Goliath -he grows on you.

Grade 5 Theory Past Papers, Thr33 Monkeyz E Juice, Steady As The Beating Drum Meaning, Isobel Yeung Interview, Shango One Trick Pony Strain, Brad Gorton Wikipedia, Hismile Battery Type, Adjacent Interior Angles, Cinnamon Bengal Cat, Tea Tussock Moth, Purple Passion Drink From The 90s, Yamaha Stratoliner Problems, Brendan Pang Dumpling Restaurant, Doordash 1000 Deliveries Bonus, Atf Short Barrel Rifle, Windswept Pines Moyock Nc, Lee Marvin Singing I Was Born Under A Wandering Star, Erv Hurd Wikipedia, How To Make The Broadband Light Green, Michelle Money Son, Innersection Surf Movie Soundtrack, Rgbw Rock Lights, Fast Woman And Slow Horses Will Ruin Your Life Meaning, Kurt Kelly Soccer, Elmsbury Puff Pastry, Itc Engineering Meaning, Mac Dre Net Worth, Seedlings Wilting After Transplant, Dave Rygalski Helen Pai, Ironsight Steam Account, Perfect 10 Quilts, Tylee Ryan Father,