This sturdily bound paperback contains the script of the TV special Really Rosie, the text of [the four Nutshell Library volumes], and music arranged for easy piano and guitar chords for the seven Carole King songs from [the program].A delight for TV fans of all ages.' I'm now going to let my grandchildren enjoy them. I have also performed in “The Jungle Book”. Sendek Art! Spouting once, spouting twice, spouting chicken soup with rice. And be sure to hear Carol King sing them. In 2003, Sendak received the first Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award, an annual international prize for children’s literature established by the Swedish government. And don't we need more of that nowadays from young women! Simple music to play your kid's (or your) Nutshell favorites, Reviewed in the United States on May 2, 2016. We started listening to them on YouTube and she kept loving them, so we got this so I could play them on the piano. We’d love your help. Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. Then I saw the animated version. My name is Phoebe Cowell. You may unsubscribe at any time. It was a wonderful way to remember the alphabet, counting, the months on the calendar, and learning lessons. But that also makes it easier to play. Sign up to get exclusive offers, the best in books & more. ), "Chicken Soup with Rice" (In November's gusty gale I will flop my flippy tail and spout hot soup-I'll be a whale! Really Rosie Email Alerts. With book and lyrics by Sendak and music by King, this sweet, sad and wonderful tale follows a precocious city girl who's the undisputed leader of her gang of friends, the Nutshell Kids. Maurice Sendak’s children’s books have sold over 30 million copies and have been translated into more than 40 languages. Shop online, free pickup in store in as little as 3 hours. It is perfect if you want to put on a production of Really Rosie. The action takes place on the front steps-the stoop-of Rosie's house, and later in the cellar. I need this on DVD since my VHS tape does me little good with no player in the house anymore. Start by marking “Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie Starring the Nutshell Kids” as Want to Read: Error rating book. ", Maurice Bernard Sendak was an American writer and illustrator of children's literature who is best known for his book. Plus, enjoy 10% off your next online purchase over $50. A favorite I had to track down for my niece! December 17th 1986 Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published Please try again. This spunky heroine is a great example for any shy young girl - she's imaginative, creative, confident and a leader. When I am not at school, I like to jump on my bed. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. Yes, the Nutshell kids. It's also perfect if want the sheet music for the musical numbers. Get news, photos & more. † Conditions apply. The text, plus music, for a stage adaptation of some of Sendak's work. It was not what I expected. Now I have to order another one for when I have grandchildren in case my VHS player goes out. The quality of the movie was bad, but the songs stuck in your head. Some of these items ship sooner than the others. Plus, Rosie is a sassy little thing... What's not to love? And it's all around fun too. 1-Click ordering is not available for this item. It was an ingeral part of why I learned to read as a child. He has also received the Hans Christian Andersen Medal, the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award, the National Medal of Arts, and the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award. Please try your request again later. No childhood is complete without them. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer. This sturdily bound paperback contains the script of the TV special Really Rosie, the text of [the four Nutshell Library volumes], and music arranged for easy piano and guitar chords for the seven Carole King songs from [the program].A delight for TV fans of all ages.' I couldn't find the Carol Kingn production on DVD (only found it on VHS), so this book is the next best thing. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. I'm now going to let my grandchildren enjoy them. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 10, 2015, 中古でしたので、新品ほどきれいな状態と期待していませんでした。裏表紙に折れ目があったので、三つ星にしました。, Reviewed in the United States on August 11, 2018. It's actually been decades for me with this book. Learn more. If that's what you want to do, this book is useful. I knew all the songs, and wore out the record. I remember it from my childhood... and now my kids are addicted :-). I still sing "A Alligators all around" to my kids. This is a cartoon musical that Carole King and Sendak did together. 1% of the sale of this book helps children in high-needs communities through the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation. Maurice Sendak received the Caldecott Medal for Where the Wild Things Are. The linking narrativ eis thin, and the content of the Nutshell Library books (. Pierre getting eaten by the lion remains one of those things that inspires a visceral sort of creepiness just under the skin, while "Alligators All Around" is pure whimsical fun. The following ISBNs are associated with this title: Sign up to get exclusive offers, the best in books & more.Plus, enjoy 10% off your next online purchase over $50.†. I would highly recommend to anyone teaching their kids the basics. Save an extra 10% on almost everything & enjoy free shipping every day. We are proud to provide our authors with unprecedented editorial excellence, marketing reach, long-standing connections with booksellers, and insight into reader and consumer behavior. The whimsy of Maurice Sendak's "Where the Wild Things Are" meets the genius of Carole King's "Tapestry" in "Really Rosie", a musical about a little girl with a big imagination. I finally bought another copy two years ago when I was hunting for the perfect gift for a friend's 5-year-old daughter, and I still knew all the words! 'Language Arts. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. 'Language Arts. Depending on your skill level, the songs might be too simplistic or just right - be aware that the real songs have introductory portions, and those aren't in this music, nor are other embellishments, so it sounds simpler than what's on the recordings you might listen to. Really Rosie was, without a doubt, my favorite character growing up. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. In 1975, CBS aired the half hour animated special "Really Rosie" with story and lyrics by Maurice Sendak (based on five of his children's books) and with music composed and performed by Carole King.

How To Tie Off A 3 Strand Braid, Calories In 1 Oz Steamed Broccoli, Vintage Mexican Tonala Pottery, Edie Campbell Youtube, Louis Edmonds Married, Alicia Machado Net Worth, Mhw Zireael Build, Which Of The Following Guitarists Did Not Get His Start To Their Careers In The British Blues Scene?, Honda Civic Type R Turbo Upgrade, Jan Koum Yacht, Levon Lyrics Meaning, Youtube Channel Finder, Civic Type R Roof Rack, Garfield House I Think You Should Leave, Frigidaire Lfhb2751tf Vs Ffhb2750ts, The Case Of Yokozawa Takafumi Full Movie Eng Sub, Yiddish Dictionary Fakakta, Mirror Mask Cat, Max Spielberg Wiki, Maurizio Arrivabene Net Worth, 吉本 マネージャー とびちゃん, Suriname President Wife, Box Of Joe Starbucks Price, Mh17 Bodies Graphic Photos, Architectural Salvage Fort Lauderdale, Love And Lies Season 2, Youth Football Drills Pdf,